Chapter 54 - Revenge

The news about the massacre already spread out like fire, even Sangu can't hold all of it off. And it didn't happen once, but twice. Not long after night lotus destruction, a few weeks later, another big crime organization has been exterminated.

Many people are talking about it in town. A weak-looking man with dark red ponytail and hanafuda earings is selling charcoal in the town. The moment he heard the townsfolk conversation, his eyes turn sad.

"Naoto-kun... Is that really you?"

Behind him, a little boy who also wears a basket full of charcoal follows him. He looked a bit confused, suddenly his father has a sad expression plastered on his face.

"What's wrong father?"

Hearing concern in his son's voice, Tanjurou smiled and pat the little boy head.

"It's nothing Tanjirou."

"Ne, ne, I haven't see Naoto nii-san these days, where is he?"

"A-ah, he said that he's very busy right now. So he can't find any time to visit us."

Tanjirou feel disappointed, he like Naoto very much. Naoto always bring a lot of snacks and tasty food for them when he visits. He also likes to play with him and all of his siblings also like him.

"It can't be helped then... but I wish he can come and see us from time to time, hehehe~."

Tanjurou pat Tanjirou head softly.

"Yeah, me too."

Tanjurou feel very sad right now. He didn't know what happen to Naoto since he suddenly stop coming to his house, and the next thing he knows is the massacre already happened. Although no one knows who the culprit is, the feature they describe fits Naoto perfectly. Purple haori with owl pattern, only Naoto who wears that.

The killer is called... Owl...

...

In the foot of misty mountain, inside a small house, an old man with a red Tengu mask is reading a newspaper.

His hand clenched the newspaper lightly.

"Boy... What happened to you?"

There is a trace of deep regret and sadness in Sakonji voice. The Naoto he knew is very kind, although he's a bit awkward when socializing. He found it hard to believe that Naoto is the cause of all of this incident.

...

In butterfly estate.

Shinobu is watching the goldfish in the aquarium, she likes to do this to clear her mind.

Right now she has a sad expression, her feeling is very complicated. Beside her, there is a newspaper, at the very front of it is news about a recent massacre.

"What in the world are you doing, Nao..."

She didn't expect Naoto to lost himself this deep in despair. Shinobu really want to help and bring Naoto back, but she didn't know-how. Right now she can only wait for him. Naoto is not the only thing that's weighing her mind, she needs to get a grip and act more mature. There is a lot of things she needs to do now that her sister is not here anymore.

...

After killing a lot of people, Naoto will wait to see if there is a demon who got attracted by the smell of blood. If there is any demon, he will instantly kill all of them. It's killing two birds with one stone. Shiro is also here so it makes his job easier to find Douma.

Every morning Naoto will rest and replenish his energy. At night he will continue pursuing Douma.

...