Chapter 72 - Protecting the Passengers

Tanjirou managed to wake himself up with the help of Nezuko blood demon art. Zenitsu, Inosuke, and Kyojurou also wake up in time.

"Hmmm! It seems like things took a turn while I was having my nap! For sure, for sure! As a pillar, I'm ashamed of myself! If there is a hole, I wanna go into it!"

Kyojurou raises his katana with a smile and swing it down toward the floor as hard as he could. The car got lifted by the shock it fall back into the rail. Tanjirou lost his balanced because of the tremor and fall to the ground. Kyojurou suddenly appears in front of Tanjirou.

"Kamado my boy!"

Tanjirou feel shocked seeing Kyojurou.

"Rengoku-san!"

"I managed to land some very minor slashes before I came here. And I think the demons will take some time to regenerate. But there is no time! I will speak to you quickly! This train is made up of eight cars. I'll protect the back five with Karasuma! yellow boy and your sister will protect the other three! You and the board head boy will go for the demon's neck while watching out for the front three cars!"

"Wait! Nii-san is here!? No, neck!? But now the demons-"

"He's here all the time! Forget about that! It doesn't matter what he looks like! As long as he's a demon, he'll have a neck! I'm also looking for his weak spot while fighting him. Time to get fired up boy!"

After saying that Kyojurou suddenly disappears, leaving a trail of fire. Tanjirou feel amazed, he can't see Kyojurou movement at all. He firmed his eyes and head to find the demon neck with Inosuke.

Kyojurou keeps slashing every flesh that tries to eat the passenger from one car to the other.

"Karasuma! Wake up! We are in a dire situation! Karasuma!"

He keeps shouting for Naoto's name while protecting the passenger. However, there is no response from Naoto. He hurriedly check Naoto's condition, he is still sleeping soundly. Kyojurou noticed there is a rope tying his hand with an unknown person in front of him.

"I sense a demon blood on the rope, should I cut it? But what if it'll harm Karasuma instead of waking him up? No, I don't have time for this. I hope you can regain consciousness quickly!"

A lot of demon flesh began to emerge again, he needs to save all of them. Kyojurou body flashed again and he starts rescuing everyone on the five cars.

...

Still inside the dream.

"Airi-san, yesterday I tried to make a mochi. Can you taste it and tell me how the taste is?"

Kanae is giving a box full of mochi for Airi to taste. She takes one of the mochi and have a bite.

"Mm, it's very good. I'm sure Naoto will like it."

"Really? I'm glad hehehe."

"Can I try it too?"

"Sure, please have some Kie-san. I also want both of your opinion."

Airi smiled wryly and say to Kanae.

"Please don't call me that formally Kanae-chan, we are going to become a family after all. Just call me mother."

Kanae face blushed.

"But we haven't even engaged yet."

"It's okay, that's just a minor thing. Still, it's very shocking there is someone who wants to stay by my useless son side."

Naoto smiled bitterly.

"Mother... can't you at least praise me for it?"

"How can I praise you if you don't even have any guts to propose woman you love? I want Kanae-chan as my daughter as soon as possible before another man take her away."