Chapter 100 - War Preparation part 2

His plan right now is to meet Smith in Smith Automobile office. It took Naoto two hours to reach the town Smith located. Right now he is standing outside a very big western-style building, it's not as big as butterfly estate, but it has three levels. There is a big sign on the door saying 'Smith Automobile'.

Naoto park his cart right outside the gate and entered the building. He meets the female receptionist right after he got in. The receptionist smiled at Naoto and ask politely.

"Hello sir, is there anything I can help you with?"

Naoto smiled back.

"Yes, I'm looking for Smith."

The receptionist looks dumbfounded because this young man in front of her just call the name of the owner without any honorific.

"Ah, can I know your name?

"Karasuma Naoto."

"Please wait a minute."

The female receptionist began to flip over the book in her hands.

"I'm sorry sir, but I can't find your name anywhere in this book. Have you made an appointment before?"

"No, I haven't. It's a sudden visit, so I didn't make an appointment."

The receptionist looks at Naoto apologetically.

"I'm sorry sir, but if you haven't make an appointment, I can't let you see the owner. Because the owner himself says not to let anyone see him if they didn't make an appointment."

Naoto feels troubled.

"Really? Hm... this is troubling."

"Should I make an appointment for you on another day?"

"Uh, no. I need to see him now, I have something urgent you see."

"I'm really sorry, but I can't let you see him now. Because-"

"Oh? Isn't this mister Naoto?"

The receptionist and Naoto turn their head to the side at the same time. They saw an old man with a suit, grey hair and long mustache walk down from the stairs. Naoto smiled happily, he know who this man is.

"Rudy, long time no see."

Yes, it's Rudy, Smith butler. He also smiled and bowed toward Naoto.

"Have you been fine mister Naoto?"

"Yes, you haven't changed at all."

"I can't say the same to you mister Naoto. You've look really different now."

"Well, a lot of things happens."

"Do you want to meet master?"

"Yes, is he available?"

"Of course, he always said that if you ever come just walk in and find him in his office. Come, let me guide you."

"Thank you."

Naoto followed behind Smith and walk up the stairs, leaving the receptionist speechless. She can't comprehend what just happen, who is that man? From their conversation, he look very close to the owner.

...

Smith's office located on the third floor. Along the way, Naoto sees many people are working hard in their desk. It's very noisy and a lot of paper or books scattered on the table and floor.

"It's very busy around here."

"We have expanded a lot of branches after all. This place being headquarter of all those branch offices will be the busiest."