Chapter 38 - Firework Festival

There is a lot of people at the train station. Right now Shinobu, Naoto, and the children are waiting for Kanae who's buying the ticket on the side. It didn't take long before Kanae is back with their tickets. Almost all of the ticket is sold, she only manages to get three tickets, but luckily, after a little discussion with the staff, all of them can get on board since all of them are still a kid.

Inside, they sit on one bench. Shinobu sits in the hallway, Kanae in the middle, and Naoto sits near the window. Kanao is sitting on Kanae lap, Sumi on Shinobu lap, Kiyo and Naho sit on Naoto lap. Since their body is very small, the three of them didn't have any problem with it.

Naoto and Shinobu face looks pale, and they are sweating.

"What kind of hell is this? There is a lot of people, it's hot and cramped."

Shinobu agree with a weak voice.

"Yeah, it makes me dizzy."

"Both of you, we are going to have fun, so stop complaining! The train won't feel hot anymore once it moves, oh, look, it started moving."

The loud steam train horn sounded, and slowly, it began to move until it reaches a very fast speed. Naoto opened the window and cold breeze fly in.

"Ah, it feels good."

"See? I told you."

Kanae smiled triumphantly.

Naoto rests his head on the top of Kiyo head, he can smell a sweet floral scent. Naoto grinned in happiness.

"Hehehe, Kiyo~, Naho~, look there is a lot of buffalo over there."

Kiyo and Naho look at the scenery in amazement.

""Whoahhh~.""

"I also want to see it!"

Sumi jumped down from Shinobu lap and stand in front of the window. Kanae pat Kanao head and say gently.

"Kanao, how about you also join them?"

Kanao nodded and get off from Kanae lap. She stands beside Sumi to look at the scenery. Her eyes glistened seeing the sight, there is a lot of things she never sees before.

"...Oh~..."

Shinobu smiled seeing Kanao enjoying herself.

"Come to think of it this is the first time Kanao ever ride a train right?"

Kanae nodded.

"Yes, this is her first experience riding a train. How is it Kanao, do you like it?"

Kanao smiled at Kanae and Shinobu, she nodded like a chicken.

"Yes."

Kanao return her vision to the window, there are so many new things she haven't seen before, so she didn't feel bored at all.

"Camera! Kanae! Camera! Take it! Take it!"

"Yes~, yes~, you are not patient at all when it comes to them."

After four hours of riding the train, they finally arrived at the place where the festival is held.

When they arrived, the sun starts to fall and the sky turned orange. The festival is held outskirt of the town, there are so many stalls on the left and right, paper lantern of different colors shined the area of the festival. A lot of people wearing yukata already arrived and enjoying themselves.

"Ugh, so many people..."

"Sigh, I want to go home..."

"We already arrived! Be more energetic! Look at Kanao, she has more spirit than both of you!"