Chapter 60 - Natagumo Mountain

Inside a cave, it's dark, damp, and cold. A man with a red robe and hat pitifully sat on the ground with sweaty face. If one looks closely all of his limbs have been chopped off. It's Douma, he already lost all of his energy to regenerate his missing body part.

A black shadow is moving slowly toward Douma, he dragged his axe on the floor, it makes a screeching sound that can send terror to whoever heard it. This man in front of him is the devil himself.

"Finally... no place to run... no place to hide... just you and me..."

Naoto's cold voice is colder than tundra, it can chill anyone who hears it.

Douma who only has his head and torso remains laughed calmly.

"That's one heck of loyalty little kitty, you keep chasing me after you arrive in this country six months ago, however you can't kill me."

Naoto raised his axe up.

"Really? Let's see about that. You've asked my name before right? Burn this into your mind, as my last gift to you, I'm Karasuma Naoto, the one who kills you."

"Kukuku, Naoto-kun, I will remember that, but not as a final gift."

The silver axe sweep down toward the neck of the demon. Naoto thinks it's already over, but it's out of his expectation. Douma body which should get decapitated, break down like an ice. Naoto looks dumbfounded, he feels his heart become colder and colder.

"A... dummy? Are you telling me I'm chasing a dummy these past few months!?"

Naoto feels the presence of a demon, it has a really small aura. Naoto look behind and found an eyeball like demon with two legs. Naoto's face becomes very cold.

"You have been watching me!? Remember this, I will keep chasing you until the day you die!! I won't rest until your head separated from your body!!"

Naoto swings his axe and the small eyeball demon got splattered like an insect.

He yelled his lungs out in anger, he keeps hitting the cave wall with his axe. Naoto howling echoed out from the cave. After a few minutes, he feels exhausted from shouting and hitting the wall blindly.

He sits on the ground weakly and starts lighting the cigar. He takes a deep breath and blow the smoke out. Naoto keeps thinking how can he got fooled, the only explanation he can think of is Douma creates a clone to lead him into another country so he can have more time to escape.

At first, he thought Douma is getting weaker because he becomes slower and not as strong as usual. Turn out it's just a clone. The clone can even eat to replenish its own energy. He really got fooled this time.

Naoto feels a bit calm now, but there is a lot of regret. He leaves everyone back just to exacting revenge, but he still failed, he didn't know how he should make it up to everyone.

"Crap... how can I face Shinobu now?"

Naoto dropped the cigar down and stomped it.

"It's time to go back."

The white crane flies down and makes a screeching sound.

"Let's go, Shiro."

The man and the crane start to walk back toward their home.

...

After one week, he finally back.

Naoto ride his horse out from the ship slowly. The sun is very bright today, and it feels very hot. The sunlight blinds him a little.

"So it's summer now..."

He still wears his trench coat and black feather cap. He looked around, everything still looks the same as he ever remembers. A white crane is sitting on the bag behind him.