Rosa Diaz- Favourites (c)

When you and Rosa had gotten serious in your relationship, you had moved into her apartment with her and her puppy Arlo. You had never had a dog before, and although he was technically hers, he was a sweet boy that you instantly took a shine too. Rosa had a soft spot for him, and it was hard for you to not fall in love with his horrible puppy breath and needle-like teeth.

It was one of the highlights of your day to come home from work and have all the little puppy kisses you could ever want, and today was a day like any other. You had finished a long day at work and headed straight for the living room where you could hear the television playing. Rosa was lying on the sofa with the ever-growing puppy on her chest.

"Is this how you've spent your day off?" You asked, plopping down in the armchair.

"Some of it," she shrugged. "I decided to lie down for a minute and then Arlo got comfy, and I couldn't disturb him, so I ended up here for a couple of hours whilst he slept."

"I'm pretty sure it's a federal offence to wake up a sleeping puppy," you chuckled.

Arlo lazily raised his head to see what was going on and noticed that you were there. His tail went off in a whir, battering Rosa's face as he readied himself to leap off of his body to come to you. He hopped down onto the floor and with a few leaps he was on your lap, quickly launching his onslaught of kisses across your exposed face and arms.

"Calm down," you laughed. "You only saw me this morning."

It took him a few moments of excitement before he calmed down to snuggle up into a ball upon your lap. You looked over to Rosa who, although constantly had an unimpressed look upon her face there was a touch of pain and sadness to her expression.

"What's wrong?" You asked, not liking to see Rosa show any negative emotions, especially seen as she struggled to show any emotions in the first place.

"Nothing," she said, but you knew it was a lie.

"Are you jealous?" You said, trying your best not to laugh.

She stuck up her nose at you but you knew that it hurt her that her own puppy played favourites and when you were around, she never won.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.