Jake Peralta- Stairs (c)

When you heard your boyfriend screaming from outside of your apartment, panic rushed straight through you. Jake was a police officer and you believed in his capability to take care of himself but nothing good could come from a scream like that. You grabbed your gun and rushed out of your open front door, to see what was going on. You couldn't see anything in the hallway but as you turned down the stairs to see if anyone was there, you noticed Jake sprawled out on the floor.

"What happened?" You questioned, still holding your gun, uncertain if anyone was around the corner out of view that had led to Jake being on the floor.

"I fell down the stairs," he whined, rolling onto his back, showing you his pouty face.

You holstered your gun and rushed down the stairs to his side.

"Are you okay?" You questioned as you crouched down beside of him.

He shook his head violently. "I think I broke my leg."

Jake let out another wail as you gently moved his trousers leg so that you would be able to see if there was anything visibly wrong with his leg. You shot him a look as you hadn't touched his actual leg, so he was being far more dramatic than was necessary.

"I'm just going to take off your shoe and feel your leg," you told him, so that he wouldn't jolt too much when you touched or moved him in case he was actually injured.

As you took off his shoe, he screeched again but you told him off in fear he would disturb all the other residents in your apartment building. You gently felt up his leg and he sporadically screamed about the pain, but nothing seemed wrong with his leg, at least nothing too major. As he screamed out in pain, he moved his leg around, so it was relatively clear that at worse it was a twisted ankle.

"Stop screaming!" You huffed. "It's just a twisted ankle."

He fell silent, looking rather confused before he sat up quietly, as though the pain he had been whining about was long forgotten to him.

"It hurts," he pouted.

"I know sweetie," you assured him. "Let's slowly get you back up the stairs and then we'll get you comfy on the sofa. How does that sound?"

He pitifully nodded his head before allowing you to help him back to your apartment to play the patient.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.