Rosa Diaz- Birth (c)

Although Rosa liked to keep a calm exterior, she had begun to falter with how much she worried about you. You were three days before your due date and that left Rosa completely shocked and concerned that something terrible would happen to you. She couldn't bear the thought of you being alone in the apartment when you went into labour, so had encouraged you to come to the precinct so she and her colleagues could be there to make sure you were okay, not that it worked out well for Sharon when Terry did the same for her. Nevertheless, she thought it was a good idea, setting you up at her desk, that was until there was a lockdown on the building due to a mysterious powder being delivered to the precinct, leaving you all trapped in the building. It certainly wouldn't have been a bad thing until you started having contractions and your water broke.

Rosa refused to leave your side as she took you into the break room to make you comfortable, having brought blankets to cover the sofa, not wanting her wife anywhere near the grime that covered it especially whilst she was in labour. No one knew what to do without a medical professional there but luckily Amy had read enough about delivering babies and Captain Holt had made sure to learn from his ex when Sharon had been in labour at the precinct before.

With great help from the team and Jake on google, your daughter was delivered, and Amy handed her to you. All you were able to do was smile and cry, happier than you could imagine, so much love for this small life, love that you didn't realise you had.

As you looked over at Rosa, you saw a similar expression. Her team instantly took great joy at seeing her cry, something they had never seen before, something you had only seen on a few occasions. Rosa turned to her team, seeing tearful Charles and Terry, a proud looking Holt and Amy, an almost sickly Gina and a grinning Jake; she glared at the latter.

"My daughter has just been brought into the world, we never speak of me crying again until she graduates," Rosa hissed at her colleague.

He instantly shrunk back into himself, knowing not to mess with her at such an important moment. Rosa turned her attention back to you.

"I'm so proud of you," she smiled softly, leaning in to press a kiss to your sweaty forehead. "I love you so much."

"I love you too," you smiled tiredly. "I love you both so much."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by