Gina Linetti- Work (a)

The intoxicating scent of a freshly crafted case file filled your nostrils. The case was arson or something but now, you were just enjoying the smooth, neutral toned paper folder and the crisp white paper. The hustle and bustle of the precinct continued to swirl around you but the married scent of recently printed ink and woody pages locked you into your own little world of bliss.

Of course, in such a busy place with colleagues such as yours that peace was obviously quickly broken. At the first the beckons muddled into the rest of the ambience, but it didn't take long for the cries to break through.

"Y/N!" The loudest and most obnoxious of the shouts awoke you from your daydreaming, Gina smiled from her proudly from her desk which sat on the other side of the office. Once she had noticed you staring up at her with great discontent her hand rose into the air and beckoned you over, you reluctantly agreed knowing full well you wouldn't get silence from her until you had given in.

"What do you want Gina? Can't you see that were busy here?"

"Yeah... you look real busy huffing that book like you're a solvent addict." Her long nails clacked on the glass of her phone screen underneath her desk as she spoke. "I need you to do me a real solid."

"What this time?" Gina gasped at your response.

"Dance-y Reagan have been booked for a kid's party."

"They've hired you for a kid's party?" You felt your face twist up in confusion and dreaded the thought of Gina dancing for some poor, poor child out there.

"I know right, bad move. Anyway, these guys are paying us like two hundred dollars to perform in their garden or something for some little brats birthday."

"So what do you need me for?"

"I need you to act like I've... broke my leg or gone into labor or something on that day so I can't come into work." She pushed a cushion under her shirt, seeing how passable an emergency fake pregnancy belly looked.

"So you want me to tell Holt you've had some kind of miracle unknown pregnancy or that you've broken your leg but you're going to walk in the day after fine?"

"I'll put on a limp or something bitch, just get creative."

"I'm a detective Gina, I'm not here to scapegoat you out of work when Holt's already said no."

"Fine, ill use some of the money to buy you dinner one day, is that good enough? I don't say it but... I really do appreciate it."

"One more time Gina. But only on the condition you record the parent's faces."

~*~

Written by Aaron.

Tumblr Request.