Jake Peralta- Rejected (h)

Being a college student wasn't easy, but it wasn't the worst thing ever either.

As well as being in college, you worked in the 99th precinct of the NYPD in Brooklyn. It was a good job, you worked alongside Gina for the Captain.

You were lucky to have such great colleagues around you, and the Captain usually allowed you to do some of your college work if Gina had a handle of things.

You had been sat in the break room for the past hour or so, wanting to get some of your work done and you'd asked the Captain beforehand.

"So this is where you've been, huh?" you heard someone say as they entered the room, and shut the door behind them.

You turned around and saw Jake leaning against the wall with his arms crossed, "Yeah, I needed to get this done" you told him as you motioned to the papers littering the table in front of you.

You and Jake had been friends for a while and the two of you had, what the team called, a flirtationship. The two of you were close with each other, but never put a label on whatever it was.

Jake laughed a little and came to sit by you, "Why do you work here?" he suddenly asked which caused you to stop writing and look at him.

"What do you mean?" you quizzed in response, deciding to pack your things away and finish it later.

Jake sighed, "You're in college, you have a crap tonne of work to do and yet you work here whenever possible" Jake explained in a soft tone "So why?" he asked again.

You shrugged, "I like it here" you stated and Jake smiled, "I don't have many family out here, I moved here by myself and then I got the job here and I met people" you explained.

Jake motioned for you to go and sit on his lap, so you did, "I'm glad you work here" he commented as he wrapped his arms around your waist, "It meant that I got to meet you. You're a great girl and I have learnt a lot about you. I am surprised you haven't rejected me yet" his last words were said in a whisper.

You smiled slightly, "Rejected you?" you asked in order to get him to actually repeat what he said.

Jake looked up and took a deep breath, "Yeah. I've been wanting to ask you out for a while now" he hesitantly admitted.

Your smile grew "Well I wouldn't say no" you told him as you got off of his lap, and went to leave the break room

Jake quickly got up, and grabbed your wrist to turn you around to face him "I will pick you up from your dorm tonight at eight" he explained to you.

You nodded in agreement, and Jake pulled you in for a quick kiss "Kissing even before the first date? Wow Peralta"

~*~

Written by Hannah.