Rosa Diaz- Coffee (a)

As you turned the corner in the grimy alley as a last ditch attempt to escape the pursuing detective you felt her wrap her arms around your waist and drag you down onto the ground with an almighty dive.

"I'm detective Rosa Diaz, and you're under arrest scumbag!" She vigorously ripped your backpack from your shoulders, pulled your arms behind your back and tightly constricted your wrists in a strong pair of handcuffs before reciting off the list of rights that she must have repeated thousands of times before. "Anything you do want to say for yourself?"

"I have a question, is that okay?" You asked as she yanked you from the floor and pressed you against the wall. Her hands firmly pushed against every crevice of your body.

"If you have to." With one hand resolutely holding onto your shoulder and the other grasping the now torn handle of your backpack she began marching you to her patrol car.

"Why am I in handcuffs?" She stood in front of you and pushed her hand against your chest, stopping you from walking.

"Wow, a comedian. They're really going to love you in prison." She folded her arms and called her catch into dispatch.

"No, I'm being serious... why am I in handcuffs, what did I do?"

"Let me see, there's been a vicious string of murders spread across the city this last few weeks. We come to the scene of the latest crime and there you are lurking around, you see me turning the corner, I flash my badge and you make a run for it. Now you tell me why I decided to put you in handcuffs."

"Murders!? I was only there to pick up some post from my old apartment on my morning jog. I didn't even see you there I just got my packages and kept on running." You gestured to your bag, full of suspicion she slowly unzipped the bag and peered inside. "Then I turn around and see you chasing me, of course I'm going to run faster. See, two packages, and I know what you dirty cops are like, no point stealing them as evidence all that's in there is a set of curtain rings and some cat themed craft supplies."

Rosa tipped the contents of your bag out onto the wet pavement and tore into the packages.

"I still have to take you to the station just to make all this official. Sorry about the bag." She said, pulling the cuffs from your wrist and stuffing your belonging back into their carrier.

"It's fine, is there anywhere to get coffee at your station?"

"Yeah, there's a Starbucks nearby, why?"

"So you can apologise properly."

~*~
Written by Aaron.