Terry Jeffords- Injections (a)

The doors of the emergency room swung open and crashed against the walls, the hoards of injured people stepped and hobbled to the side to make way for the fatally injured detective that lay sprawled out, almost too big for the trolley. Blood pooled under his side and dripped off the side of the bed, splashing on the tiled floor.

"We need to get him into the operating theatre stat." Your supervising doctor barked commands at you from the other side of the trolley. "The knife entered into above his side, we still don't know if it hit one of his kidneys or not." The trolley took a sharp left and jolted the detective.

"Come on guys, can you not manage to make my ride a little smoother?" He managed to complain in between the groans and grunts. Your head turned to one of the porters helping push the trolley behind you, his face was red and covered in sweat.

"You, go and tell Dr. Bauman to make sure operating theatre C is clear, priority patient, stab wound to left side and bleeding heavily." Without a word he ran past the trolley and towards the operating theatre.

"What's your name?" The patient looked up at you with hazy eyes.

"Terry." He struggled to speak, and every word looked agonising, but trying to keep him conscious was important.

"Where do you work Terry?" He had to think for a second.

"Precinct." He closed his eyes and his head rolled backwards.

"Which precinct?" His eyes slowly staggered back open.

"Precinct ninety-nine."

"A Brooklyn man? You ever been to Juliana's?"

"I'm about to die and you're asking me about my pizza preference?"

"You aren't about to die Terry. We won't let that happen. Just stay with me here. When we get into the operating room were going to get you on the bed, give you a little injection for tetanus and then get that wound stitched up. Does that sound okay?" His eyes opened wide and his heart rate increased drastically.

"Nope, Terry doesn't like injections. I'll take the tetanus."

"Terry, you need these injections, tetanus is a very serious thing."

"Then Terry isn't going in that operating room." He tried to push himself off the bed.

"Look Terry, if you don't go in there then you will die." He successfully managed to get off of the bed, causing it to stop.

"If I can sew up my daughters quilt, I can sew up myself, and if I can't, my colleague Boyle definitely can." With that he turned to where the trolley had came from and walked out of the hospital, leaving you and the rest of your team baffled, he really must of hated injections.

~*~

Written by Aaron.