Amy Santiago- Tree (c)

Amy always had everything under control and overly organised so hen you needed to arrange the decorations for Christmas, you trusted her to take control of it all. She had set aside a new binder and filled it with her plans for the decorations, where she was buying them and how she planned to use everything she had gotten. You knew that she would delegate some menial jobs to you (although she would likely end up redoing anything you had started to get it up to her high standards) but would take control of the whole situation.

She headed out of the house to gather what she needed including the Christmas tree. She had told you that she had found an amazing deal to buy a good real tree that would be the clear centrepiece of her ideas for the house. You believed in her and didn't check anything to do with it but you realised that you should have when she returned.

Amy dragged in a large tree, one that once it was stood up in the centre of the room, it left little room to move around it and the tip was pressed against the ceiling leaving it at an angle. It was clearly a tree for a much bigger house rather than your quaint apartment that now consisted mainly of a tree.

"Could you have gotten a bigger tree?" You joked, feeling a little claustrophobic in the room with it.

"I had a couple of coupons and they were doing a deal. It was cheaper to buy this one than one half the size, I would have been a fool to not get it," she stated. "It may be a little big-"

You cut off her words with an abrupt laugh. "This tree's bigger than my future."

Amy shot you a look of disapproval. "It's on the big side but it'll look a lot better than anything smaller. At least the branches are full, and we'll be able to use all the decorations that we own."

"How many decorations did you buy?" You questioned, nervous by how much she must have got to consider it possible to fill up the gigantic tree.

"Only enough for the tree," she assured you. "Let me grab my binder and then I'll start to unpack the rest of the decorations and get a start on the house."

You let out a sigh "I'll just stay out of your way."

"That's probably for the best."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.