Rosa Diaz- Eyes (c)

Since you had started working at the 99th precinct you had liked Rosa more than you probably should have liked a colleague. She had never showed that she reciprocated the feelings you held for her, but nevertheless you cared about her. Really you weren't sure why you liked her, but even if you could fear her fairly often, she was very intimidating, you cared about her dearly and unexplainably liked her.

You had learnt Rosa's coffee order off by heart, so when you came to work you would generally pick up her coffee along with your own. As soon as you got into the precinct, you made your way over to the dark haired woman's desk. You placed the coffee down on the coaster you had bought her, due to the hatred of coffee rings on the wood you had found you had.

"Good morning Rosa," you smiled taking a seat next to her.

Her eyes drifted away from her computer to look at you, her expression not shifting, but the eye contact only lasted for a matter of seconds before she looked back at the screen.

"Morning," she stated continuing on whatever she was doing.

"So how are you?" You asked attempting to keep up conversation and try to form small talk, but social exchanges were never the best.

"Fine."

Having known Rosa for a while, you knew that her answers were general short, emotionless and concise.

"That's good. I'm fine as well," you smiled warmly.

You racked your brain for anything you could possibly say to continue conversation but it seemed impossible, so you sought out the thing you could possibly compliment, not that there was a shortage of that when it came to Rosa Diaz.

"You have beautiful eyes."

It was the complete truth. You loved her eyes, however it probably sounded creepier than cute how you had wanted it to come out. Rosa paused before looking at you confused, raising an eyebrow at you.

"Why are you being nice to me?" She asked sounding almost offended.

"Well I wanted to be nice. You are a slightly scary person granted, but you still show you care and I guess you could say I like you... I actually... don't worry... I completely understand that you wouldn't like me in return but I felt like you needed to know and I am sorry but when I'm nervous I get verbal diarrhoea and it just becomes a mess, as you can see," you rambled.

Her eyebrows furrowed together as she looked at you quizzically not quite sure what to say to your confession.

"Well thank you for being nice. I don't understand why you were being nice but I am grateful. And I will pick you up Friday at eight," she stated standing up from her desk grabbing her coffee.

She simply nodded her head towards you before walking away leaving you slightly shocked and lost in your thoughts as you realised you were finally having a chance with the woman you were in love with.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.