Jake Peralta- Breakfast (c)

Although it was time for breakfast, and you were very rarely against eating anything put in front of you, you weren't hungry, so turned down anything that morning. Jake was shocked that you didn't want breakfast, but he wasn't going to let your choice get in the way of his morning meal. He announced that he was going to make waffles, but he hadn't gotten any further into deciding what he wanted to go with that too. You didn't take too much interest in it, heading to the sofa to relax in your pyjamas until he returned with whatever he decided to eat.

You enjoyed the relaxing morning, having little cares in the world until Jake got in the way of that which he did a lot of the time. As you were enjoying the peace, you heard a blood curdling scream coming from the kitchen and you needed to see what was going on, in fear that something bad had happened to Jake.

Rushing into the kitchen, you found him crouched on the floor clinging to one of the kitchen appliances screaming and wailing as though his life was depending on it.

"What's going on?" You asked with a panic tone, not knowing if he had been injured in making his breakfast but weren't too concerned by his peculiar behaviour due to how common they happened.

"You cannot die!" He screamed, tears tumbling down his cheeks. "I won't let it happen!"

You had no idea what was going on or why he was being so dramatic about it, but you were starting to become truly concerned about what was going on with him.

"Jake!" You shouted, above the sounds of his sobbing. "What's going on?"

He took a second to be able to find his voice amongst the tears. "The waffle maker is broken."

You offered him a sympathetic smile. You were pretty sure that Jake used the waffle maker more often than he used the actual oven, so you could understand his concern and emotion when it wasn't working anymore. It seemed as though he was reacting to someone, he loved dying, but seen as you knew his relationship with that appliance, you knew that he was probably more in love with it than he was you.

Crouching down next to him, you wrapped an arm around him.

"It's okay," you smiled softly. "Let's make you some pancakes and then we can order a new waffle maker afterwards."

Jake tearfully nodded, letting you help him back up to his feet and assist him in making a different breakfast.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.