Jake Peralta- Burger (a)

Your eyes ran up and down the menu, each item more unknown to you than the last but still you persisted in trying to figure out what these cryptic French words meant.

"So, what do you think you're going to order?" You asked Jake who seemed just as confused as you did. Moving the cutlery to place the tall fluted drinks, Jake caught a few more seconds before having to answer.

"I don't know everything sounds so... good, maybe?" He looked at the two drinks and you caught him mouthing under the menu 'Fifteen dollars for this?' but quickly he rose up and asked what from the menu had caught your eye.

"To be honest I wish they just did like a burger or something." Jake dropped the menu onto the table and slid down in his chair.

"You ever been to Bonnie's?" He asked, his mouth and eyes agape in unison.

"The one on twelfth street?" Jake stared deeply into your eyes and nodded, he gave you a look, even though you had only known him for a few days it was a universal look of doing something that you really shouldn't but doing it anyway. Without any more words needed Jake threw some notes onto the table, the two of you drank the drinks as quickly as possible and you left before you even had time to get your coat on. Twelfth was on the other side of the city but hopefully you had the time to make it.

"It closes in like an hour, we need to be fast." Tires screeched and smoked as Jake ran in front of a cab, he ripped open the door and tumbled in with you in tow. "It's an emergency, we need to get to twelfth street as soon as you can, official police business." He flashed his badge and the cab became little but a yellow hue as it hurtled as best as it could through the packed Brooklyn streets. "I think we'll make it." He stared forward, directing the cab driver through back roads and shortcuts.

"I've got this, keep the change." You dived from the car and barged through the door of the greasy restaurant. "This is so much better."

Jake undid the top few buttons of his shirt and rolled up his sleeves. "T'was a close call but we got there, two double cheeseburgers and fries please." He shouted from the door as he caught his breath. "Oh yeah, and whatever they want."

~*~

Written by Aaron.