Amy Santiago- Sleep: Part 2 (a)

Your eyes slowly crept open, you raised your hand to cover them from the rays of sun bleeding through the blinds.

"What time is it?" You asked Amy who lay fast asleep at your side. Missed call upon missed call sat on your phone along with messages asking if you were okay and if you were going to be in work. 'Sorry, I'm sick and I can't make it in. Sorry for responding late.' You messaged back, grateful for having a relaxed boss who would understand. Your alarm said that it was the early afternoon, but you didn't feel as refreshed as you presumed you would after such a long sleep.

"Wake up." You ran your hand up and down Amy's arm, she rolled over to face you and raised her hand to your cheek.

"You shouldn't have taken the day off." She sat up and blew her nose, nearly falling off the bed as she did.

"It was worth it, somebody needs to be here to make sure you're okay." Your hand almost burned as you pressed it against her forehead. "You're burning up." You stood from the bed and opened the blinds, she pulled away from the light but soon stood up as well.

"I can't stay in bed all day." She wobbled on her feet as she made her way to the wardrobe, you quickly rushed over to steady her, but she pushed you away. "I don't need a carer, I only have the flu. If you want to help, I have some paperwork in my bag that you can grab for me."

"No, you're not working." She scoffed at the thought of using time inefficiently even if she was struggling to even breath. "You're resting, were watching tv or movies, whatever you want to do. As long as it isn't work and it isn't stressful."

She jerkily slid her pyjamas off but kept her slippers.

"Can you help me in the shower? I feel kind of dizzy." She slowly strolled over to the shower, groaning with every step.

"I thought you didn't need a carer?"

"Just come and make sure I don't fall over. Please?" She called out, already halfway to the bathroom.

"What's in it for me?" You shouted back, gathering her some much more comfortable clothes for the day.

"You get to see me shower and I don't have the energy to tell you off for being annoying?"

~*~

Written by Aaron.