Rosa Diaz- Apartment (c)

You worked in the 99th precinct in Brooklyn as a hacker. Originally, they had caught you doing something not completely legal and gave you an option, either say goodbye to your freedom or join their team to be able to help them catch criminals. You were beyond talented with a computer, so you decided it would be for the best to use that to your advantage and assist them to do better in the world rather than rotting in a cell.

Since you had worked there you had gotten along with Rosa Diaz very well. She didn't divulge much when it came to personal details however you liked that you didn't have to tell her all about your life or pretend to be happy all the time, it was nice to be yourself. As you had always done your best to hide from the law, you had never really had friends and you certainly never thought that your first friend would be the detective whom arrested you. However, that's how it was.

Although it started with talking at work, you realised you really liked her even if you had only seen her smile once. You were a generally cheerful person but being able to let down those walls in front of her, and just relax, it felt as though she was someone you could imagine spending your life with forever even if she didn't feel the same and it was just as friends.

It had become a routine to spend a Friday evening at her apartment, drinking cider and watching terrible tv, something you didn't think would be fun but you loved spending time with her, laughing at reality tv.

On Monday you walked into work, a smile on your face and two take out coffees in your hands. You went and placed one onto Rosa's desk ready for her to come in and took the other to your desk.

"How was your weekend?" Charles asked.

"It was good. Rosa and I binged a season of The Bachelor over Friday and Saturday. We lost track of the time, so I just stayed at hers for the night and went home late Saturday. Did you know she has like the best burger place around the corner to her apartment?" You smiled. "How was your weekend?"

He furrowed his eyebrows at you.

"You went to Rosa's place?" He questioned.

"Yeah, why?"

Before you could get a response, he had called over Amy and Jake to join the conversation.

"None of us even know what district she lives in," Amy stated.

"She feels the same way," Charles smiled patting your shoulder.

Everyone knew you liked her as a bit more than friends, you weren't the best at hiding it but none of them had told her.

"No she doesn't."

"She took you to her home, she's practically ready to marry you," Amy grinned.

"Rosa doesn't let anyone know where they live. I've been friends with her for years and all I know about her is she has a shower in her apartment," Jake added.

"Don't be daft," you stated.

What if Rosa did like you? She didn't share too much with anyone, but you knew quite a bit about her, maybe they were right, maybe Rosa did like you too.

You didn't get much of a chance to even think about the matter before Rosa walked into the room, your cheeks becoming bright red at the thought of her feeling the same.

"What did you do this weekend Rosa?" Jake asked.

Rosa looked at you before back at Jake. "Spent time with Y/N."

"Why? You never spend time with any of us," Amy frowned.

"Y/N is my friend," Rosa stated.

Even that made you smile. Rosa never admitted anyone was her friend.

"No, she isn't," Charles grinned. "You want her to be more."

"What do you mean Boyle?" She said looking at him, her expression frozen.

"She's been to your apartment, you like her," He smiled.

"Oh... um..." Rosa became frozen, unsure what to say to him or you.

Amy lead the two men away from you, although they put up a fight both wanting to witness what was about to occur.

"So, you like me?" You smiled softly, trying to hide how happy you were.

"No... I mean yes... I mean... well emotions are hard," she sighed.

"Well if it makes it any easier, I've liked you for quite a while, so if you felt the same, instead of just watching tv at your apartment, this weekend I can cook you dinner and we could call it a date?" You smiled at her.

"I would like that."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.