Jake Peralta- Microwave (c)

Bang!

Whenever Jake went quiet it was usually a concerning concept however a loud explosion coming from the kitchen somehow concerned you more. Your boyfriend, Jake, was rather immature and sometimes it was like being around a toddler in that you had to check up on him every five minutes to make sure he wasn't up to any trouble. One of the easiest ways to know there was trouble was an explosion but that just caused you to worry more about what he could have done.

He had done some baffling things before but never had he blown something up especially not when he had just gone into the kitchen to get some ice cream.

You rushed into the kitchen to see what was wrong with him but mostly to see how much of your kitchen was still intact. Luckily most of it was still intact, as long as you didn't need your microwave and you didn't mind the charred and sticky residue now coating most surfaces. The one thing that was missing was your idiot of a boyfriend.

"Jake!" You exclaimed, trying to figure out what could have happened.

His head peered up from behind the kitchen table, his hands gripped around one of the chairs, a sheepish smile upon his face, attempting to seem innocent but the rest of the scene said otherwise.

"Y/N," he smiled, trying his best to act naturally, not that anything was natural about the interaction.

"What the hell happened Jake?" You huffed. "What happened to my kitchen? You went to get ice cream and somehow exploded my kitchen."

Jake stood up to his full height, playing with his fingers, hoping to find an excuse that you would accept.

"Well I was heating the ice cream, so it was smoother and not so icy; the explosion, well that was unexpected," he shrugged.

You ran a hand through your hair. "And how did you manage to explode it?"

He shrugged his shoulders once more. "I have no idea."

Sometimes you questioned why the hell the two of you were together but regardless you loved him, even if he was a bit of a knob sometimes.

Wanting answers to what had gone on, you made your way towards the carnage that was once your microwave. There was mainly blobs of ice cream and pieces of what would have once made the microwave work but there among it was a slightly blackened spoon. Taking a gentle approach, you picked it up and held it out in his direction to show him how much of an idiot he was.

"A spoon?"

He gave you an innocent grin as you begun to continue shouting at him for being an idiot.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.