Jake Peralta- Serious (h)

No one was ever going to be in a relationship without issues, as everyone had their own insecurities and their own worries that would have an influence in one way or another.

Your relationship had only been going for about three months and whilst you were very happy, you still couldn't help but worry about if there was a future for the two of you.

Gina had been the one to introduce you to Jake, claiming the two of you would make an amazing couple and she just had to set the two of you up.

Jake was pleasantly surprised when he met you – as much as he loved Gina, she didn't exactly have the most conventional friends.

You'd woken up before Jake, and as it was a Saturday morning he had stayed the night like he did most Fridays.

As you lay there looking at your boyfriend whilst he slept, with his arm holding you close to him, your mind started to wonder how long the two of you would last for.

Neither of you had spoken about a future, it had only been three months after all, however a part of you did want to just hear that he might be serious about you.

"Why are you thinking so much so early in the morning?"

You snapped out of your thoughts when you heard Jake's voice.

"Come on Baby, you have to talk to me when you're thinking like that."

"I didn't even know you were awake," you whispered as he began to trace shapes on your back underneath the material of his shirt.

He chuckled. "That's because you were too far in your own head."

You rolled your eyes at his comment.

"Now, are you going to tell me what had you so lost?"

You sighed. "Are you serious?"

"About what?"

"Me."

Confusion crossed his face, before a smile broke out. "Of course, I am, why would you ask that?"

"We just never really discussed it."

"Baby, it's been three months," he stated as he pulled you closer to him. "Yes, I am serious about you, and there will be many more months with us together."

You smiled at him, leaning forward to kiss him gently.

"Fancy a date to the zoo?"

"Really?"

He nodded in confirmation. "You're my girlfriend and I want us to have a fun date today."

Within the next hour, the two of you were in a cab heading to the zoo.

You smiled to yourself as you realised you really didn't have anything to worry about, but you knew that whenever you had your worries, Jake would always be there to reassure you.

When he looked over at you, a breath-taking smile on his face, you knew that you were just as serious about him as he was about you.

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Requested by