Amy Santiago- Relax (c)

You found it ever so admirable that Amy was always a hard worker and did everything in her power to do all the work she had along with helping everyone else in the office. The only part you didn't like about it was she'd generally overwork herself or do stuff that wasn't overly necessary for her to do.

Of course, she had paperwork to do. Everyone always had paperwork to do, however it wasn't due in for at least another fortnight, yet she was working hard at it now.

You on the other hand didn't fancy doing your work at this moment, so rather than actually being productive you were trying to amuse yourself with what was in the office- which was minimal.

Luckily Jake, equally hated doing paperwork, so he suggested playing catch with an orange he had stolen from Terry's desk. You would have said know if it had come off of his own desk seen as it would have likely been mainly mould at this point, but you didn't mind fruit abuse against your colleagues.

The two of you passed the orange back between your desks but it wasn't an overly mentally stimulating thing to do, especially seen as Jake generally struggled with intelligent conversation.

As you caught the orange your turned to your girlfriend.

"Amy, want to join in?" You asked throwing the orange back to Jake.

"I'm busy. You two should really be doing your paperwork too. Captain Holt is expecting these done in two weeks, you need to start them now," she stated not looking up from her paper.

"You need to relax Amy. It's two weeks. Take a break Love. You don't have to worry about work all of the time," You smiled softly.

"Yeah come on Santiago," Jake whined.

Jake threw the orange, not at you but towards your girlfriend. However, she wasn't looking up, still focusing on her paper. The orange hit her head bouncing off of it as she quickly moved her hands to cup where she had been hit, letting out a loud groan.

"Jake!" You shouted jumping up from your seat to run to Amy's side.

"I'm sorry," he stated, gritting his teeth in shock.

"Are you okay?" You said panicked holding her cheek softly so that you could get her to look at you and see the red mark on her face.

"I'm fine," she groaned.

You leaned forward and kissed her forehead where she had been hurt, pulling her into a bit of an awkward hug seen as you were stood up and she was in her office chair.

"Bloody hell Jake! We wanted her to relax more, not try to break her nose," you frowned.

"I said I was sorry," he exclaimed.

"I'm so sorry Amy," you said softly kissing her. "I hate that you overwork yourself so much, I just wanted to you to relax, I should have never brought that idiot on for this."

She smiled softly rubbing a hand on her head.

"It's okay Y/N. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to work so hard, I just wanted to get this done so that I could spend time with you later," she whispered.

You smiled warmly pecking her lips again, happily holding her in your arms.

~*~

Tumblr Request

Written by Charlotte.