Amy Santiago- Stress (c)

Although a normally pleasant person, Amy was the person you would want to be the furthest from when she was stressed. She had a test coming up and had gotten herself very worked up from all the studying and the thought that she was going to fail. Even though Amy was the smartest person that you knew, she couldn't see that when she was distracted by the nerves of examinations and assessments. She spent all her waking hours with her nose in a book or doing practice questions, rarely actually sleeping, eating or taking care of herself.

You were worried about her but you knew it was best to support her and let her focus until the exam was over as she would likely rip your head off if you tried to get involved. You patiently watched from a distance as she studied in the staff room, making sure to keep your work going but also that she wasn't going to lose her mind in her revision.

The main concern for you was that someone would unknowingly interact with her and end up hurt but you had become distracted by your paperwork and hadn't noticed Scully enter the room. By the time you had realised he was in there, he had already been to the vending machine to get a bag of crisps and approached Amy who had taken over the table with her books and strewn papers.

From your seat at your desk you couldn't hear what was said until Amy let out an inhuman scream, popped the bag of crisps, throwing them away, into a wall. She rose to her feet, trying to square up to her colleague as you rushed to try and assist the situation.

"Go and die for all I care!" She screamed, grabbing her pen as though it was a weapon.

Scully's eyes widened as he tried not to cry after what you imagined was a cruel conversation from your girlfriend. He quickly scurried away, out of the room to try and find safety from the wrath of Amy.

"It's okay Amy," you smiled softly, not wanting to anger her anymore. "What's going on?"

She grunted at you as she sat back down, turning the page of her book.

"Is this test stressing you out?" You asked, resting a gentle hand to her shoulder.

Reluctantly she nodded her head as she begun to calm down.

"It's going to be okay," you assured her, kissing the top of her messy hair, hoping your words would stand true.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.