Jake Peralta- Market (h)

When you moved out to Brooklyn from your home town of London, you were pretty overwhelmed at the differences in the places you were going and how different it was to what you were used to.

The only reason you had moved was that you had been transferred to the Nine Nine Precinct in Brooklyn, which was a shock to say the least but you weren't going to turn down that kind of opportunity.

Your colleagues were lovely people, if a slight strange but you never wanted to have a workplace that was normal – it was far too overrated.

Every so often they would take the mick out of you being British and how your accent would sound, but that was all part of what you loved about them and they knew full well that you would hit back at them about their accents.

You'd grown especially close to your partner Jake over the couple of years that you had been in Brooklyn.

All of the team knew that there was this somewhat unspoken rule between the two of you that there was a thing going on, and you just didn't date other people.

It was the Christmas time, and you were finding yourself missing your home more than you usually did.

The Christmas season always caused you to miss back home but you usually found yourself enjoying it out in Brooklyn nonetheless.

You were one of the last people in the office, with Jake sat at his desk opposite you.

"Hey Y/N?"

Jake's voice caused you to look up from your paperwork, and he smiled over at you.

"If you were back home, what would you be doing?"

You shrugged. "Well when it reaches this kind of time of year, we have this Christmas market where there's different stalls with handmade items or food, usually an ice rink or two and the London eye is always fully decked out for Christmas."

He chuckled. "Do you miss it?"

"Of course, I do. It was a tradition in my family for us to go a couple of days before Christmas Eve, always at night time though. The atmosphere was just amazing."

"I think we could find something similar here."

You shook your head with a smile. "I appreciate it Jake, but we'd have to go to somewhere like Central Park for that."

He shrugged his shoulders. "So? How about this Saturday then?"

"We have work."

He shook his head. "Actually, we don't. I booked the day off for both of us."

"A bit presumptuous, aren't we?"

He chuckled with a smirk. "What can I say? I was hoping you'd say yes to a date with me."

~*~

Written by Hannah.