Printer- Amy Santiago: Part 1 (a)

The distinct fragrance of ink freshly melded with paper filled the storeroom and led you to your stack of printed paperwork, you had yet to fully find you way around the precinct, but everybody had been very kind and helpful. Hitchcock and Scully gave you a tour of the best hidden nap spots, Terry told you the places around the office where you could fit a quick exercise in and Amy was more than eager to show you around the storeroom and the filing room. You thought you would find the printer with a neat stack of paperwork, ready to be picked up and moved on to Holt's desk but instead there was a few skew sheets and a printer displaying more warning signs than you thought possible.

Panic set in, Holt had already given you an extension as you were new and you didn't dare ask him again so in a frantic manner you pushed buttons and opened compartments in the hope that it would start churning out case files.

"Need a hand?" Amy emerged from the shadowed corner behind the shelving unit and stepped out into the light. "This is our... older printer. Jake managed to break our normal one and this one jams and jams." You pulled what had printed from the tray and stepped out of the way so Amy could work her magic. "How are you finding the place? Everything okay?" She asked as she started working her way through the display messages.

"Yeah, I think I'm getting settled in. There's a few rules I didn't expect but I'm getting used to them."

"Rules?" She asked.

"Don't get in the way of Terry's yoghurt and don't get in the way of Hitchcock and Scully's naps... and don't go in their desk unless I have a hazmat suit on." Amy laughed and pulled out compartments you didn't even know existed on a printer.

"That's weird." She leant in deeper and sniffed around where the paper sat. "Smell your print outs." You began to think this was all a joke to make you look stupid and everybody would burst out and laugh at your expense, but with nothing to lose you brought the sheets to your nose and inhaled deeply.

"Smells like... my paper smells like pepperoni."

"I know, right?" She slid her hand into the printer and her eyes opened wider and wider the deeper she got. "I think I know the issue." Her hand reeled out and loosely held a slice of pizza that looked older than the precinct itself. "There's only three people this can be and I don't even think Jake was born when this pizza was put here."

~*~

Written by Aaron.

Tumblr Request.