Jake Peralta- Ill (c)

Even when you felt like complete and utter crap, you tried to power through and head into work even though you were by far better off in bed. You had almost collapsed on your way to sit down at your desk where you unstuffed your sleeves of all the snotty tissues that you had put in there in case your nose continued to run. Your head was a complete blur and only became fuzzier as you coughed. Your skin had paled significantly, and your eyelids drooped due to the lack of sleep that you had received the night before.

When one of your colleagues asked you if you were okay, you lied and said you were but from the concern on their face, you were sure they didn't believe it. You tried to argue that you were okay and should stay in work but no one agreed with you and Jake was put in charge of driving you home as no one believed that you would be safe behind the wheel, frankly they were baffled how you'd managed to get to work in one piece. You tried to fight it but it didn't take a lot of effort for Jake to guide you to his car and then lead you into your house.

By the time you woke up, you hadn't even been able to remember how you had gotten into your bed nor when it got so dark but you were grateful that you didn't feel so dizzy anymore. Sleep helped clear your mind and make you feel a bit better even if it wasn't perfect.

You dragged yourself to the bathroom to use the toilet, but you didn't reach the room before your heart jumped into your throat in fear when you saw someone move in the living room. Jake appeared in the doorway, his hair a mess from sleep and a yawn escaping him.

"Jake?" You questioned. "What are you doing here?"

He shrugged his shoulders.

"You dropped me off ages ago. It's late, why are you still here?"

Jake ran a hand through his hair as he tried to offer you a nervous smile, but it wasn't filled with the blind confidence you were used to coming from him.

"I wanted to make sure you were okay," he admitted. "I set up a bed on the sofa so that I was here just in case you needed someone."

Your heart melted at his kind words, appreciating the fact that he wanted to take care of you even though he had no reason to.

"Thank you, Jake."

"Anytime."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.