Chapter 14: Monster

"What's that?" 

Thunder flashed and rumbled. 

Under the white rain curtain, a huge monster with a strong body with a snake head, a leopard belly, and a lion's hip ran on the dark wilderness, gradually stopped, and then lowered its head, as if it was eating something. 

Kai looked at the appearance of the monster in the distance, his face was a little heavy, and he subconsciously held the hilt of the sword. 

"Is it luck or just bad luck?" First giants, then this ... I always feel that our journey is really easy to get into trouble. "

Looking at the situation in the wilderness outside the cave, Merlin no longer had his usual playful appearance, and his expression rarely became a little serious. 

However, as if he could see that everyone was a little nervous, he smiled and soothed. 

"Don't worry, that thing is quite a long way from us. And now it's raining again, and it can't smell us. We just have to ignore it and wait for it to leave on its own. "

Merlin's words, however, did not serve as comfort, at least not for someone. 

"Merlin... What is that thing eating now? "

Artoria asked expressionlessly, her holy blue eyes seemed to pass through the heavy rain curtain, staring at the monster that was eating in the distance, and the hand holding the sword in the stone trembled a little. 

"Probably the travelers we met during the day. It seems that they unfortunately encountered this monster and then turned into each other's food. "

Merlin said lightly, the expression on his face not changing much. There is neither anger nor pity, but merely stating the facts. 

It seems that the appearance of this moment is the most true inner portrayal of him. 

It's just that his fluttering words are tantamount to adding fuel to the fire for the girl who is suppressing her inner emotions. 

Artoria did not hesitate to take a step forward, but immediately, Merlin extended his wand with a serious expression to block her direction. 

"I know you're angry, Lily. But do you know what that thing is? It was a monster called the fantasy species, a water-seeking beast. 

Artoria clearly disagreed with Merlin's words, and her pretty face took on anger. 1T4pRb

But before she could finish her words, Merlin interrupted. 

"But now they're dead, aren't they? You see, Artoria, that your life is not yours alone. Now that you have decided to inherit the throne, you should understand that as a king, you can sometimes insist on it, but sometimes you should choose to give up. 

"Reality cannot be changed by just a passion. If I'm still reluctant to change your mind when I say this, then I can only remind you. 

"Are you really ready to bear all the consequences of your decision?"

The atmosphere in the cave suddenly became heavy, Artoria was stunned for a moment, turned her head to look at Kai, who was silent with a frown, and Aozaki, who was slightly tilted his head on the other side, seemed to be thinking about something, and the anger that had gushed out in an instant gradually cooled down. 

Yes, she alone is angry at such injustice, and there is nothing wrong with wanting justice. 

But she forgot that there were also  brothers around her who cared about her. 

If she rushed out like this, those two people would definitely not leave her alone. But to pull the two into her thoughts for this reason, this situation is not what she wants to see.