Chapter 6:You have been kicked

The morning sun fell on the floor through the gaps in the curtains.

Before the alarm clock on the bedside table was about to go off, Aozaki Rin, who was still resting on the bed, seemed to be awakened by the biological clock in his body, and raised his hand in time to turn off the alarm clock.

And as his consciousness gradually regained consciousness, several thousand paper cranes painted with eye patterns and resting near the pillow also seemed to be pulled by some force, began to float in the air, wandered around the room, and pushed the wheelchair placed in the corner of the room.

Rin Aozaki got up without hurry, removed the prosthetic dress from the wheelchair, installed it on his legs, and made sure that the magic circuit in his body was working properly before he got out of bed and walked like a normal person.

And this is probably the beginning of his daily life.

Similarly, after moving to Fuyuki City, nearly three months later, he has also adapted to the environment of his new home.

Relying on the silhouette of the external environment formed in his brain by the computing power of the thousand paper cranes and the magic circuit, Rin Aozaki washed up and walked towards the restaurant.

Sure enough, before getting closer, a smell of ripe food accompanied by the sound of sizzling frying was already wafting in the corridor.

"Good morning, father,Onee-chan."

As in the past, Hiroki Sajyou in the restaurant held a newspaper with no emotion on his face. However, it was not so much that he was reading as he was thinking about something, and his eyes drifted slightly, until the boy's voice sounded, and he nodded lightly towards Aogzaki in response.

In the kitchen,Manaka, who was wearing a dress with a pure white apron, turned her head and smiled while paying attention to the fire in the frying pan after hearing the boy's greeting.

"Good morning,Mibu. Breakfast will be ready right away, so sit down for a while. "

"Hmm."

Rin Aozaki nodded and sat down at the table.

In the past, the three meals a day of the Sajyou family were actually prepared by his adoptive father, and I don't know when his sister took over this responsibility.

Rin Aozaki remembers that shortly after he slept in separate rooms with the girl, the situation in the house became like this.

But I don't know if it's his delusion, Aozaki Rin always feels that the atmosphere this morning seems a little strange, but this indescribable feeling doesn't make much sense to think about it, and at this time,Sajyoy Manaka in the kitchen has also come to the restaurant with the prepared breakfast, which makes him withdraw his thoughts.

Breakfast is a more ordinary combination of Japanese and Western styles, and the taste is not much different from usual, but there are faint signs of improvement.

Rin Aozaki ate all the dishes as always, praising the craftsmanship of the sand strip love song, causing the girl to smile with satisfaction, while the sand strip Hiroki on the side drank a cup of coffee alone.

- Calm without any change, this is the daily life of the Sajyou family.

It's just that the teenager thought that today would be the same as in the past, and then he only had to go to the [botanical garden] at home to practice magic.

But suddenly, as if ready, Hiroki Sajyou was smiling and staring at the girl at this moment, and sighed helplessly in his heart, and suddenly coughed lightly, as if confused.

“...... Speaking of which, what's with that 'pattern' on the back of your hand, Manaka? "

'Huh?' Pattern'? What 'pattern'? "

Manaka blinked blankly, as if she didn't quite understand what her father was saying, until she followed the line of sight of Hiroki Sajyou to look at the back of her left hand, only to find that there was a bright red pattern of angels spreading her wings with three strokes, with surprise on her face.

"I don't know... It doesn't seem to have happened yesterday, when did it appear? "

There was obvious puzzlement in the girl's voice, as if it really didn't know why.

And Aozaki Rin listened to the conversation between the two, and couldn't help but be stunned for a moment, and then asked with a slight worry.

"Did something happen,Onee-chan?"

"Nothing, just seems to have encountered something strange..."

As if enjoying the teenager's concern, Sajyou Manaka chuckled and shook his head. At the same time, Hiroki Sajyou, who was sitting opposite her, spoke as if he recalled something, with a bit of stiffness in his tone.

"This pattern, plus Fuyuki City... Aren't you involved in the Holy Grail War,Manaka? "

"Holy Grail War?"

Rin Aozaki blinked in confusion, a little unable to understand the word. After all, the magic knowledge he was involved in did not include this part.

It's just that he still knows something about the word "Holy Grail". But the word "war" in the back made him have a bad premonition in his heart.

"To put it simply, a total of seven magicians each summon a follower and compete with each other until the last winner is decided, and they will receive the Holy Grail of all wishes.

"Although I had heard that Fuyuki City seemed to be holding such a ceremony before, I didn't expect that we would meet as soon as we moved..."

As if he had played his life's acting skills, Hiroki Sajyou had a rare bit of fatigue between his eyebrows after reading this long series of lines.

But there was no way, who let his daughter beg him to hope that he would cooperate with the play, after all, if he offered to participate in the Holy Grail War, he knew that his adopted son would not agree.

Sure enough, as soon as the man's voice fell, Rin Aogasaki frowned and said worriedly.

"Doesn't that mean that this is actually a very dangerous ritual..."

Although he didn't quite believe that anything could grant everything, Rin Aozaki understood that under the attraction of such objects, I am afraid that some people would become unscrupulous, and even bring mortal danger to the contestants if they were not careful.

"This ceremony is really too unsafe, since you are accidentally involved, then let's just quit,Onee-chan."

However, in the face of Aozaki Rin's suggestion, Sajyou Manaka did not accept it, but pursed her lips with some hesitation and replied with a slight request.

"But didn't my father say that the final victor of this ceremony seems to have the opportunity to make a wish... I want to give it a try. "

"But is that kind of thing really possible... Does Onee-chan have any wishes that she wants to fulfill? "

Some didn't quite understand the idea that his righteous sister was obviously just involved but still wanted to try, and Rin Aozaki could only turn his guess to the other party's wishes.

But after so many years of getting along, he really didn't know what "obsession" his sister would have. After all, in ordinary times, in addition to his concern, the girl gave him a feeling that he didn't care much about other things.

"Well, there is. And it's a very important, and at the same time a very secret wish. "

Sajyou Manaka touched the boy's head, tilted her head slightly sideways and smiled. She understood that the teenager's attitude had begun to loosen, and the first step of her plan had been completed.

"That's why, I want to try it, if it really doesn't work, it's too late to quit."
Agasaki Rin said with distress between his worried brows.

"Is it really all right,Onee-chan?"

"Don't worry, I'm a genius in magic, at least I have a little chance of winning."

Signaling the teenager not to worry, Sajyou Manakahad a gentle smile in the corner of her eyes.

But after being silent for a while, Rin Aozaki said to himself.

"If my sister has to participate, then let me help as well." One more person is one more point of insurance, and then I will definitely protect my sister and persist until I retire. "

Rin Aozaki said seriously, holding one of the girl's hands with both hands, promising as if he had made a vow.

And looking at the sincere appearance of the teenager who chose to protect himself due to his willfulness, he originally touched the other party's head casually, comforted the other party's Manaka, felt the temperature from his hand, and didn't know why she felt that her heartbeat was a little faster.

She looked away slightly, ruffled a strand of blonde hair by her ear, and after a few seconds, she seemed to readjust her position as the "leader" and smiled softly.

"In that case, please Mibu" But wouldn't it be too pessimistic to withdraw from the competition at the beginning, hehe..."

The girl's chuckle and the teenager's serious words echoed in the restaurant, and looking at the scene in front of him, he seemed to have sensed something, and inexplicably felt a little tired.