Chapter 16: The sword

The morning light was faint, and the rainstorm that had been expected to fall all night seemed to stop in the middle of the night, leaving only a moist air and muddy land. 

Rin Aozaki opened his eyes, the brows on his small face furrowed, and his expression was slightly uncomfortable. 

It was not because of the pain from the wound on his back, but because an increasingly hard force was pressing him into a soft and elastic touch, making him a little breathless. 

Artoria, who seemed to feel the struggle of the boy in her arms, finally woke up, wearing only a shirt and trousers and a rough leather blanket.

"Ian? Are you all right?! Do the wounds on my body still hurt? Is there anything you still don't feel comfortable with? "

Looking at the boy who regained consciousness and his face became normal, Artoria was relieved in her heart, and subconsciously wanted to open the boy's clothes to check the wound on her brother's back, her eyes were full of concern. 

And the reason why the two of them are now sleeping in each other is also because the boy was injured last night and then rained, and the girl was worried about her brother physical hypothermia, so she decided to take the initiative to hold the boy to sleep and maintain each other's body temperature. 

After all, the boy gets hurt solely because of her. 

"I'm okay... Can you let go of me first, though, sister? Your chest, it seems like something has hit me..." 3

It was like some kind of hard object against his chest, and Rin Aozaki wanted to move his position, but the girl's embrace did not relax at this time, only making him say a little breathlessly. 

"What, what... Will it actually cluck?! "

I don't know what came to mind, Artoria's pretty face, which was still anxious and concerned, instantly stiffened, but she reacted immediately, and quickly released her subconsciously holding the boy's hands. 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to, Ian. That said, you really didn't... Well? What is it? "

Before the girl's flustered words were finished, the next moment, she saw an object that was probably sandwiched between her and the boy, and it fell lightly, making her stunned for a moment. 

"It's okay." Rin Aogasaki shook his head and breathed a sigh of relief, but he couldn't hear the girl's response, which made him ask with some confusion. 

"What's wrong, sister?" 1T4pRb

“...... Something serious seems to have happened, Ian! "

Looking at the object that was lying quietly between herself and the boy, Artoria blinked, and when she came back to her senses, exclaimed in disbelief. 

"Merlin, big problem! Ian seems to have given birth to a sword——!!! "

Outside the cave, Merlin, who was slowly drinking a cup of freshly boiled hot water and looking up to leisurely admire the pleasant scenery of the sun gradually emerging from under the clouds, instantly sprayed all the liquid in his mouth after hearing this exclamation. 

"poof——! Ukh..... So hot, so hot. What kind of stuff? "

Hurriedly patting away the scalding liquid spilled on his body, even if it was Merlin's sophisticated existence, this would also reveal a puzzled expression of "I should have heard it right". 

Of course, even if he was puzzled in his heart, Merlin and Kai, who also had a squinted and confused expression on the side, hurried back to the cave.