Chapter 58:Merlin:I can only help you here

"Merlin, I've said it many times." There is no need to talk about marrying, and no one at the round table has mentioned this matter again, why are you as enthusiastic as the people. "

In the service room, Artoria sorted out the grain production reports from various territories on her desk, and helplessly glanced at the white-robed magician in the room who looked playful for some reason.

"Yes, in that case, then I have to go back and tell Ian to stop preparing for this, and I won't bother you with this aspect in the future."

After speaking, Merlin sighed lightly as if regretfully, turned his head and left. But the face under his hood, the corners of his mouth rose slightly, as if he was waiting for something.

Sure enough, as he expected, he had just taken a step when the anxious silence of the girl came from behind him.

"Wait a minute!"

"Huh? Wait for what? "

Merlin looked back at Artoria, who would unconsciously stand up, and the girl's pretty face was now with an expression of disbelief, but it seemed to be afraid that she had just misheard.

Only sensing the ridiculous gaze cast by Merlin, Artoria reacted that her emotions seemed to be a little wrong, and she coughed lightly in embarrassment, sat down again, and after hesitating for a moment, she swallowed and said.

“...... You, what do you mean by that, Merlin? "

"Literally! After all, the fact that 'King Arthur' has not taken a wife cannot be dragged on forever, so in order to reassure the people, after I discussed with Ian, the child agreed to be your 'princess'. "

"Really!"

Artoria stood up again excitedly, but she immediately realized that her mind seemed to be a little too obvious, and such performance should not be what a king should do.

So as if to hide her emotions, she pretended to sort out the items on the table with one hand casually, and with the other hand gently ruffled a strand of blonde hair hanging from her ear, her eyes avoiding Merlin's "Ah, you really have this thought" look, and inadvertently scanned the room.

But after a while, she noticed that there seemed to be something wrong with Merlin's words, and thinking of the other party's usual incongruous appearance and the simplicity of her righteous brother, Artoria frowned and looked at the white-robed magician suspiciously.

“...... Merlin, you must have deliberately deceived Ian, right? "

Although when she first heard the news, Artoria's mind was indeed blank for a moment, and the thoughts that had been pressing on the bottom of her heart also grew wildly in a joyful way.

But if it were anyone else, she would immediately believe it, but Merlin was still up for debate.

“...... How is that possible, huh. Ian did promise to help you 'marry', if you don't believe it, you can ask him directly later." "

"Real, really?"

Hearing Merlin so assured,and doubted the other party again, and Artoria also believed it a little. After all, this kind of thing only needs a pair of confronts to confirm the truth, plus she actually has a little expectation in her heart.

As if accepting this fact, the girl's pretty face was a little nervous and flustered, her crystal earlobes were slightly crimson, and the dull hair on her head stood straight up, and she didn't know what she thought.

And seeing Artoria's appearance, Merlin's heart was secretly relieved.

Fortunately, he had long expected that with the character of a girl, he would definitely not take the initiative to ask the boy the question "Are you willing to become my princess", otherwise he would really show his stuffing directly.

"But even if Ian agrees, what will happen when the time comes to get married and get married?" Ian is a boy, could it be that he wanted that child to wear women's clothes?! "

Her mind jumped to the wedding in an instant, and she even began to think about the details, and Artoria stammered, completely without the demeanor of a king.

"Ahem, I'm about to tell you about this too. In fact, although it is said to be a wedding, the main purpose is to hide from the people. So when the time comes, I will use illusion to make Ian present a female image in the eyes of everyone, and as for the things after this, it will be much easier. "

Merlin said seriously, after all, if Rin Aozaki really wanted to dress up as a girl, he estimated that even if the boy was dull, he would have doubts and doubts about this matter.

Now, the best way is to add a layer of illusion to the other party's body, and then tell the other party that there is no need to say anything, and there is no need to do anything special, as long as the process is completed quietly.

In this way, the boy, who could not see with both eyes, probably did not realize what was happening in the outside world.

Although this method seems to be a bit "despicable", in order to appease the people, Merlin can only make this decision.

Who let this disciple of his pretend to be confused, obviously having that mind, but not having the guts.

"But isn't this equivalent to a 'fake marriage'?!"

As if disappointed by Merlin's proposal, Artoria's tone subconsciously carried a hint of rebuttal.

In the girl's view, acting in this way is tantamount to "deception". Maybe the boy agreed to Merlin because of this, but she thought all this was true, and it turned out to be just to appease the people...

However, after blurting out the words, Artoria found that she seemed to be a little too greedy, her pretty face turned red, and Merlin was also a kind of "then if you have the ability, go straight to it" gaze, despising the girl's dissatisfaction.

"I, I know, that's it... But even so, did Ian really agree, Merlin? "

Although it was a "fake marriage" in a sense, Artoria still seemed to be a little unbelievable and asked again.

She had thought that this kind of thing would be at least a few more years away, wait for the situation in Britain to be more stable, and when she was mentally prepared, she would try to bring it up with the boy, but she didn't expect Merlin to directly help her skip all the process.

"Don't worry, this is true. The child did promise to help you hide from the people and hold this 'ceremony' called a wedding with you. "

As for whether this "ritual" can become real later, it is up to you ...

Merlin casually echoed, without a hint of falsehood in his words.

He looked at the girl who was nervous, uneasy and vaguely expectant and joyful, and smiled silently.
  - I can only help you here, Artoria.
  ......

[You agreed to Merlin's request to help with the ceremony.] 】

[It's just that what puzzles you is that since that day, for some reason, the knights of the Round Table have smiled contentedly after seeing you, and they don't tell you when you ask the reason.] 】

[And your sister Artoria has also become a little abnormal, as if deliberately avoiding you, and these days are not like usual, coming to your room every night. ] 】

[You feel a little confused, always feel that something seems to be quietly developing when you don't know it. 】

[And as time passed, finally, the day of what Merlin called the "ceremony" came. 】
.
.
.
.
.
"Thank you...Artoria.....For taking care of Rin..."