Chapter 56: Exploration

[You and your righteous sister Artoria returned smoothly from Orkney County to Camelot. 】

[Although when you returned, Merlin was already looking like he was overworked in the service room, but fortunately, no one discovered your righteous sister's private outing, and no one discovered your disappearance. 】

[Although Merlin seemed to be quite critical of your sister Artoria's wayward behavior, in the end he didn't say anything, just sighed tiredly and slowly left. 】

[Your sister Artoria has changed back to her original appearance and devoted herself to official business, which makes you, who were still a little worried about her mental state, a little relieved. 】

[It's just that that night, your righteous sister seems to be worried that Morgan will take you away again, and she suggested that it is best for you to rest together every night in the future to avoid this possibility.] 】

[You don't know what your righteous sister is worried about, but considering that the previous disappearance does have your responsibility, causing the other party to worry, you didn't hesitate for long, so you nodded and agreed to your righteous sister's suggestion. 】

[However, this night, your sister Artoria hugged you extra hard in her sleep, and you didn't rest well. 】

[But these are only trivial things, and the important thing is that the current war provoked by the Saxons and Picts continues.] 】

[Not long after, you followed your sister Artoria and a group of Knights of the Round Table to reassemble an army to protect Britain, and began the war against the Saxons and Picts. 】

[Although the Saxons will only cross the sea in waves, constantly invading Britain, the Picts, who have always been located in the north, have finally ended the war with them with your efforts. 】

[You return in triumph and receive the cheers of the people in the city of chalk. 】

[But the problem is still the same as before, although the people are worried about the continuous war, they are also more concerned about the succession to the throne. 】

[And finally, one day, under such endless rumors, the knights of the Round Table also became a little worried, and wanted to advise your sister Artoria to marry as soon as possible and give birth to an heir. ] 】

[But your sister always resolutely refused, making the knights of the Round Table incomprehensible for a while. 】
  ......

"I discovered a shocking secret."

In the chalk city, in the courtyard of Camelot, Tristan did not always have a melancholy expression as usual, but his face was serious, as if under some kind of mental pressure, and he opened his eyes to look at Lancelot, who was sitting opposite him.

"What secret?"

Lancelot took a sip of water with confusion and oddity in his eyes.

You know, this is not long after the end of the last war, and it is a rare time to rest. It's just that he doesn't know what is wrong with this friend of his, and actually pulled him into the courtyard alone.

"Although I don't want to admit it, I think my king... Probably like men. "

"Poof——! Wai, wait a minute, what did you just say? "

Lancelot instantly sprayed the water that had not been completely swallowed out of his mouth, and after coughing violently a few times, he seemed to react and stood up with an angry face.

"Although we are friends, I still can't accept you insulting my king like this! Please apologize immediately, Tristan! "

Lancelot was about to pull out the holy sword at his waist to prove his innocence for his allegiance, but Tristan just looked at him with a sad look and sighed softly.

"I know it's hard to accept, but Lancelot, haven't you wondered why my king hasn't taken a wife for so long?"

"Isn't that because you didn't meet the right person? And my king also said that he is now thinking about the affairs of the country, the affairs of the Saxons, and that kind of things can be put aside first. "

"Then how to explain it,our king will go to Ian's room to rest almost every night."

"You said... What? "

Lancelot was stunned for a moment, and even the hand holding the hilt of the sword unconsciously loosened, while Tristan continued as if recalling.

"That's what I saw by chance some time ago. At first, I didn't care, but later, from time to time, I could see our king go to Ian's room after leaving the service room, and occasionally I could see our king come out of Ian's room in high spirits during the daylight the next day. "

"But... Is there anything strange about my king and Ian being  brothers? "

"It's really not surprising in general. But I asked Gawain and Gahoris, even brothers at their age don't sleep together every night. "

"Then, maybe my king and Ian have a better relationship..."

Lancelot said with some uncertainty, unconsciously sat down again, and the hand holding the water cup trembled slightly.

"I hope so. But don't you find it strange, Lancelot? Didn't you notice that every time king looked at Ian , his eyes were different from when he looked at other people? Having experienced some more entangled things, I know very well that it is not the ordinary cognitive family affection, but more like the gaze of the opposite sex who looks at love. "

Tristan said his conclusion, and at this moment, Lancelot had already opened his mouth in amazement, sat on the chair with a frozen expression, and maintained the movement of toasting with his hand.

However, in contrast, Tristan seemed to breathe a sigh of relief, and felt a sense of relaxation that "such a heavy secret finally does not have to be borne by me alone".

He smiled helplessly and looked at Lancelot and spoke.

"Thank you, Lancelot, for being willing to hear me say this. When I first confirmed this, my heart was also painful. But no matter what, that one is the king we swear allegiance to.

"And to be honest, after all these days of war, I thought that my king had turned himself into a rational machine for the sake of the country, and would not have considered the minds of those who could only wage war in order to fight it, but who suffered from war."

"But now I know that the king is only a human being, and he also has his own selfish desires, and he is also enduring pain. In this way, we only need to guard his side well.

"Of course, please keep this secret with me."

The mental pressure accumulated over these days was all released, and after Tristan left such a sentence, he got up and left, his steps were obviously much easier.

And Lancelot, who had just come to his senses, hurriedly spoke.

"Wait a minute, this secret..."

However, before he finished speaking, Tristan's figure had disappeared from his sight, making Lancelot blink in amazement.

Why should this secret be told to me?! I don't want to be under such pressure!

Only then did Lancelot understand why Tristan looked so haggard and overwhelmed before.

Indeed, if anyone at the round table learns this secret, it will feel very painful and stressful.

After all, in their cognition, King Arthur has always been the embodiment of the ideal king, a symbol of purity and awe.

And now he has this connection with the boy who is also respected by the Knights of the Round Table...

Lancelot had already begun to feel a faint pain in his stomach, and he drank the rest of the water, looked around, frowned, and said to himself.

"No, no, the secret is too heavy. Sorry, my King, allow me to talk to someone. Gawain's spirit is obviously stronger than mine, please let him and us guard this secret for you! "

[So, without you and your  sister Artoria knowing, a secret began to circulate within the Knights of the Round Table. 】

[But the reason why secrets are called secrets is precisely because no one knows.] 】

[With the Knights of the Round Table so stressed, your righteous sister Artoria finally heard rumors about her. 】