Chapter 22:Gawain

The sun is scorching and the breeze is blowing. 

In front of the castle, a boy who called himself Gawain walked out from the crowd of onlookers and stepped onto the competition platform. 

At the beginning, the people who were originally cheering and celebrating the succession of the new king thought that it would be a gloomy knight who did not know how to provoke at this time, but they did not expect it to be a fresh-looking and handsome teenager. 

He wore a white branded armor, a long sword with a wide upper and narrow upper and lower waist, and his blond hair shining in the sun, giving the impression that he was facing the sun. 

"Arthur, since you said that anyone who can defeat you is qualified to become king, do you dare to accept my challenge?" 

Seeing that this will be standing in front of the royal throne behind the tournament platform, wearing a dark blue dress and bright silver skirt, wearing a blue cloak, holding a sword in the stone in both hands, and standing tall blonde "boy", Gawain was still a little apprehensive in his heart after issuing the declaration. 

After all, with his personality, he actually doesn't like to do this kind of thing that specifically jumps out to offend others when the general trend is already set. 

But on the orders of his mother Morgan, he could only bite the bullet and stand up at such a time. 

Speaking of which, Gawain also felt a little strange.

He didn't understand why his mother, Morgan, had become a little erratic and irritable after hearing the news that King Uther's successor was coming back the other day. 

Similarly, he did not understand why his mother had made him go to Arthur's succession ceremony today to defeat him in front of everyone. 

Although this request seemed to him to be really inconsistent with the morality of knights, Gawain, who was still hesitating whether to carry out Morgan's orders, was also a little surprised by Arthur's strength after hearing about the competition. 

At the same time, this also made him determined. 

After all, he took advantage of this incident to justifiably fulfill Morgan's request. 

In addition, for the rumored heir of the King of Knights, he actually has the idea of wanting to compete in his heart. 

For this teenager who deliberately appeared at the end of the competition and spoke wildly, Artoria did not feel angry, and even her expression did not change at all. 

Of course, she did not want to refuse the other party's challenge. 

Although Gawain deliberately proposed to challenge her when everything was almost settled, no matter how he looked at it, he was dissatisfied with her succession to the throne and deliberately offended. 

But if you refuse, you will really make yourself look small. 

However, before she could lift the sword in her hand and prepare to step forward to accept the other party's challenge, Merlin's voice sounded in her head in time. 

"Wait a minute, Lily, that person has a little problem." 

“...... Could it be an assassin? "

Artoria frowned imperceptibly, she thought that if she inherited the throne, even if it was orthodox, there would be people who would be dissatisfied with it. 

But she never thought that someone would actually dare to send assassins directly. 

But in this situation, if the other party is really an assassin, it can only mean that his thinking is a little too clear, and he dares to appear in front of the public.