Chapter 44: A sister's duty

Looking at the white dragon that turned into ashes in front of her, Artoria's mind recalled the other party's last words, and she was stunned in place for a while. 

But before she could ponder the meaning of Voltigern's words, a crisp and childish voice accompanied by the sound of horses' hooves came from behind her. 

"My King!" 

Rin Aozaki grabbed the reins and rolled over to the girl's side, asking. 

"No injuries, my king?" 

“...... It's okay. It's just some skin trauma, and the scabbard can healed quickly. "

Looking at the concerned boy in front of her, Artoria put Voltigern's last words behind her for the time being, shook her head, and then she also looked at the boy's body slightly nervously. 

And the girl's concerned and eager appearance is slightly inconsistent with the usual "King Arthur" image, so that Gawain on the side blinked, and couldn't help but smile. 

After all, he also has younger siblings, but he can understand the mentality of his own king. 

"Speaking of which, Ian, you're not hurt, right? "

"Please rest assured that the cloak Merlin gave me also has protective magic, and my body is relatively strong, and there is only a little abrasion. It's just that the mask accidentally destroyed..."

Rin Aozaki shook his head to signal that his sister didn't need to worry, while apologizing for the destruction of the mask. 

"Masks are as many as there are, and let Merlin help you make a few later." 

Artoria breathed a sigh of relief, she knew that since some time ago, the boy had begun to wear magic masks on the battlefield to hide his true appearance.

After all, I don't know why, as he gets older, the boy's appearance becomes more and more prominent, and even makes some soldiers lose their attention when marching. 

In order to avoid affecting the war, her brother decided to hide his appearance. 

But to be honest, Artoria didn't hate Rin Aozaki for doing this. 

Because of this, in private, only she and a few other people can see the boy's true face, which makes her inexplicably have an exclusive joy. 

"The king is right, don't care about the mask, you must know that you are a great hero in this battle, Ian." 

Merlin on the side looked at the Durandal that reflected the setting sun on the ground, and smiled at the boy. 

He naturally saw the sword shot by the boy before, and likewise, he also felt a palpitating aura from that sword.

But that feeling disappeared so quickly that Merlin couldn't find anything out of it. 

Plus what Votigent said before he died... 

- I hope I think too much... l

Merlin took a deep look at the boy and was silent for a few seconds, but soon showed an unserious smile again, smiled and picked up the holy spear left on the ground and handed it to Artoria. 

"Also, leave this gun to you for the time being, Arthur. Also, it's almost time to declare the end of this war. "

Reminding Artoria, who was a little dazed after taking the holy spear, Merlin motioned for the girl to look at the battlefield below. 

Artoria returned her gaze and looked at the soldiers who were still alive on the battlefield, all of them at this moment casting expectant and longing gazes in her direction. 

Finally, the girl raised her holy spear high and said loudly. 

"The White Dragon Voltigern has been crusaded, and this is our victory——!"

The air paused for a second. 

The next moment, although the cheers were sparse, they still resounded in the sky. 

"King Arthur! King arthur! King arthur! ......"l

Listening to the cheers coming from all around, Rin Aozaki smiled and pulled Durandall back off the ground. 

It's just that as soon as the long sword was in hand, Rin Aozaki blinked in confusion. l

"What's wrong, Lord Ian?" l

Gawain asked puzzled, and the boy shook his head slightly uncertainly after hesitating for a moment. 

"Nothing, probably my delusion." 

After all, at that moment just now, he always felt that there seemed to be something more in Durandal's sword body. 

  ...... 

[You have successfully conquered the White Dragon and defeated King Voltigern. 】

[However, although the curtain has come to an end in this two-year-long war, it is not over. 】l

[Although Votigern has been conquered, the city of chalk, its final stronghold, is still occupied by the rest of the army and the Saxons. 】

[But for now, the situation is doomed.] In the case of losing the lowly king, the remaining enemy forces will be much easier to deal with. 】

[You decided to adjust your rest for the time being in order to recapture the battle later.] After all, you lost quite a few soldiers in today's battle, and the soldiers also need to celebrate this hard-won victory. 】

[After a short celebration with everyone, you return to the temporary room inside the fortress. Because you somehow feel a little tired, you guess that it must be the slight effect of the sword you shot on the battlefield earlier. 】

[But this is not a bad thing for you, after all, you don't hate the feeling of giving your full strength and then slowly recovering by resting.] 】

[It's just that you have just finished bathing and are ready to rest when a knock suddenly sounds. 】

[You open the door and rely on the voice, only to find out that it is your  sister Artoria. 】

  ...... 

"Sister, is the celebration banquet over?" 

Rin Aozaki blinked slightly in confusion, wondering why the girl who was the protagonist of the banquet came to her room at this time. 

"If I stayed there, those people wouldn't be able to let go, so I just walked away after a few drinks." In addition, with Merlin stirring up the atmosphere over there, I don't think I need to worry. "

Artoria replied with a smile, there was a hint of wine on her body, but this degree was obviously drunk and she had the "Red Dragon Heart", and she was obviously not here because she was drunk and confused, but slightly worried about the boy. 

But for some reason, she seemed a little nervous, and her holy blue eyes subconsciously looked around, and then stepped into the boy's room and took the door with her. 

"Cough, didn't you say earlier that there were some abrasions on your body? I specially took some healing magic plasters from Merlin, which can speed up the healing of wounds, so let me apply them for you." "

After all, the boy's eyes were slightly inconvenient, and she could completely see the wounds on his body

And as a sister, she naturally has the obligation to confirm the other party's physical injuries. 

Artoria coughed lightly, took out a small jar of magic plaster, and looked at the boy with black hair still with a little moisture in front of him, thin clothes, his eyes flickered, the dull hair on his head was slightly tight, and he unconsciously lowered his voice. 

"So, well... Take off your shirt first, Ian. "