Chapter 24: Help

The moon is on the top, and everything is quiet. 1T4pRb

Although Votigen's army began to move again, the war did not begin immediately. 

After receiving the messenger's information, Artoria immediately discussed countermeasures in the castle with Merlin and the old ministry left by King Euse. 

But she had just inherited the throne and was in ruins, and if she rushed to the front with the only soldiers and horses at this time to recapture Camelot, which was occupied by Voltigern, it would be obviously delusional. 

Therefore, at Merlin's suggestion, Artoria decided to write to the lords first. 

Whether it was a maneuver, a request, or a direct order, she hoped that these lords would send the two things she needed most at the moment, supplies and manpower. 

And whether these lords genuinely submitted to her or pretended to agree with her, they had to express themselves on the premise that she had the title of rightful heir to the throne. 

Artoria understands that even though she has inherited the throne and become the new king, Britain is still a scattered sand. 

So she needs the resources of these lords to help her achieve her first victory. 

As long as this first battle is won, then others will be more willing to press things on her and follow her. 

To achieve this, Merlin and Kai were busy from day to night in order to organize the logistics, while she was still dealing with official documents on government affairs and writing letters to the other great lords. 

Until a crisp knock on the door made her stop the pen in her hand. 1T4pRb

"Is there anything wrong with me, My King?" 1T4pRb

"Didn't I say it, just call me Onee-chan in private as before, Ian." 

Listening to the name of the boy who stepped through the door, Artoria frowned slightly in dissatisfaction.

"But what if someone is eavesdropping?" 

Rin Aozaki pointed to the next room and said cautiously. 

After all, this is no longer the case, and if people know that it is a young girl who inherits the throne now, his righteous sister's situation will become very dangerous. 

In order to avoid this possibility, Rin Aozaki could only change the title of the girl. 

"Don't worry. The next door to this room is just an ordinary storage room, and Merlin has already set up an enchantment around the castle, and I don't think anyone should have the courage to sneak in directly. "

Artoria smiled helplessly, although the boy's change of tone made her not like it very much. But her righteous brother's cautious look was also for herself, which made her smile unconsciously. 

"Well...ok. "

Aozaki nodded awe-insistingly, and asked instead. 

"So what's the matter with me, sister?" And it should also be late now, don't rest yet? "

"Nothing, just just to thank you specifically for that day." Besides, aren't you resting yet, Ian? "

"I'm on vigil. Since Merlin and Kai are not here, and my sister has just inherited the throne, if there is indeed an assassin coming, it is better to deal with it immediately. However, Merlin did not tell me that he had laid the enchantment before he left..."

Rin Aozaki replied truthfully, knowing that in addition to the ordinary soldiers in this castle, some of the rest of the castle, such as King Uther's old ministry, Merlin, and his righteous brother Kai, all went to count and sort out the supplies.