Chapter 203

I peer down into the desolate landscape behind the stone wall that blocks the dark continent from the rest of the world.

There are rolling hills or sand and jagged pillars of rock that stick out in seemingly random formations. Abandoned dirt roads lead off in all directions and the hint of civilization still lingers... barely...

I can feel the slight buzzing vibrations of a strong mana shield not too far away both on my left and right sides.

What Charolette said about the wall earlier makes sense To keep monsters inside these walls, a very strong barrier needs to be built in place. I just don't understand how exactly this massive structure was made.

That'll be a question for another time I guess.

Looking out into the desert before me, I see multiple plumes of smoke way off in the distance, and approaching are smaller clouds of dust and sand.

Their movements are definitely not human, the amount of material being stirred up is way too large. They must be monsters.

I whisper under my breath.

"There's at least half a dozen monster's coming our way right now."

I smirk, looking down at the light golden brown dust clouds and swirling sand below. Activating my Inspect and Appraisal skills, I scope out the targets approaching right away. They're under 200 meters from us and incoming fast.

[Lv. 395]

[Lv. 395]

[Lv. 395]

[Lv. 395]

[Lv. 395]

[Lv. 395]

_____________________________

Active Items:

[Enchanted Sand Golem's Core] +88% Mental Strength

Active Skills:

Combat Magic [Earth Summoning]

______________________________

The closer I look, the clearer those 6 clouds of dust flying up into the air distinctively become. I smile, looking over at my teammates, I see their excited looks as well.

"Golems, I've never fought one of these before."

Arie reaches into his item box to take out his bow.

Maria's hands begin to glow light blue, while Abby's feet glow a deep emerald green.

The orange-haired bartender that led us out here speaks up in a cheerful tone after she lets out a chuckle.

"Well, you four look ready for battle already. I assume the Association received the copy of that map I sent over."

Abby nods, and Char continues.

"This is the closest break to the wall, there are no towns or people nearby. It was all abandoned years ago. This one should be one of the easiest breaks. Golems may be tricky at first, but once you get used to them they aren't much trouble to take out... Well... that's what some of the Elites that pass through have told me."

I nod, trying to get a good view of one of them, but the 40-meter drop and long distance are making it difficult to see.

Charlotte continues while pointing out into the desert.

"The break shouldn't be more than a kilometer or so that way. On a clear day, you can usually see the portal from atop the wall. This whole week the desert has been acting up. More sandstorms and dungeon breaks than ever before. The visibility has decreased a lot. I'm sure you'll all manage to find it though."