Chapter 375

Slow claps from Max, one of the legacy fighters, come my way as he speaks up in a cheerful voice.

"Another interesting show from you. Tonight was one of the biggest events I've ever seen, and as the closing act, you didn't disappoint. I was worried you'd end it in a single move like last time, but it seems you really do know how to put on a show."

I shrug, walking off the platform and replying.

"With the money they're throwing down tonight, I had to give them what they paid for."

Everyone in the training room glances down at their platinum-covered wristbands, agreeing with my statement, not knowing that stretching that final fight was not intentional by any means.

Max speaks up again.

"Round 2 at Elen's Place? What do you say? Ace bought last time, how about drinks and food on me tonight?"

I smile beneath my mask. I'm going there anyway, so there's no point in saying no.

"Why not, I'm down for another night out."

Both Ace and Sia congratulate me on my flashy victory too, and we make our way over to Mr. Wright in his bright white suit at the back of the room.

Many of the newbie fighters stare at us in awe and fear, not knowing how to properly react to fighters so far out of their league.

I can see many of them tremble in fear, and a few from the midday fights that stuck around in the training room actually faint as we walk by.

I've never seen such a reaction before, but maybe they're just still worn out from the match...

Their wristbands notice that their vitals have been altered, and a few are teleported out of the room to what I can only assume is a medical facility.

My eyebrows are scrunched and a confused look is plastered on my face beneath my mask, then I get a nudge in the side from Sia and a whisper.

"You know that match is over, turn off whatever ability you're using. The fighters that can't use mana control are having a hard time handling it."

I'm even more shocked at her comment, until I activate my perception skills to scan the room and sense that she's right. There's a very dense and menacing aura coming off of me. However, I'm not activating any skills on purpose...

I try to calm my breathing and turn off my mana, but despite that, the rippling aura striking fear into the newbie fighters won't stop. I conclude it must be a passive skill trait of some sort.

The only thing that heavily suppresses it is putting up a thin but very dense wall of mana shielding around my whole body. However, I decide to stop this as it drains my MP at a rapid rate.

I could take in energy from the shielding in the training room, but if anyone noticed that'd raise too many questions for my liking.

Ace laughs and speaks up too.

"Nah, keep it activated. Shows them that there's levels to this fight game."

I nod at Ace, keeping it activated because I still don't know how to turn it off. The pressure being sent out feels almost as intuitive as breathing. Now that I am aware of it though, I can tell it's using up MP at a very slow rate; about 1 point per minute.

I naturally regenerate MP at about the same rate, and with ambient mana in the atmosphere almost everywhere I go, I use Plunderer in small amounts to stay at full anyway, so it's not going to be a problem.

My best guess right now is it has something to do with my Intimidation skill upgrade. It feels like I'm sending out weak waves of intimidation without even trying, but I'll know for sure later when I'm in private.