Chapter 317

As fast as the blade enters my stomach, it leaves in the same manner, making me cough up blood and my vision go blurry while the outline of an armored man slowly steps away from me, pulling out his sword.

In the same moment, a tingling sensation starts to make waves over my body, all coming from the stab wound's source. My arms and legs grow slower while my senses also start to dull. Static fills my ears and white and grey wisps of energy completely cover my vision momentarily before I land on the solid ground, letting the dagger fall from my hand.

It's still covered in black and purple wisps, but grabbing my weapon is the least of my worries.

Blood pours from my midsection, and even worse, the man turns to face me from about 10 meters back. He towers over me and speaks again.

"This battle was one-sided from the start, but you still interest me... I'll give you one last chance to give me your name, I'll remember it every time I use that blade..."

His armored gaze turns to the dagger on the ground as I continue to cough up blood. My body is starting to freeze up. As much as I want to stand to my feet, it feels as if my arms and legs have become paralyzed and I can't move a muscle.

If this was any normal blade, I would have been right back in battle even with a mortal wound like the one I received. There must have been some kind of poison on that long sword he uses.

I begin to push out the remaining Demonic Energy overflow from my pathways and deactivate my manipulation skill. I don't bother to answer his final offer to give my name, because I don't plan on losing this battle.

Although he's overpowered me in this small clash so far, the test I managed to pull off has given me an idea of the nature of his defensive power. The aura that surrounds him is a feature of this suit. It's not limitless, but the only time I'll be able to break through it is when my speed and agility are severely lowered. So far, all mana based attacks have been useless, and that's the only time I'm able to access all my buffs.

Using Demonic Energy while my buffs are active or there is competing mana in my pathways can only end poorly. Doing so is how I got into this whole body double situation in the first place. Which has turned into quite the blessing, allowing me to fight without the fear of death, but also the curse of not being able to use my true power.

However, letting this Sector 2 leader defeat me or even get away to take on my teammates is an even worse option. I'll take him out here and now, whatever the cost.

He raises his sword up in the air, walking closer to me and speaking up again.

"The silent type, aren't you? Well-"

Before his long sword swings down, the passive poison resistance skill begins to clear the toxins from my bloodstream. I wait for the last moment to activate my stat-boosting buffs once more and dart out of the way, then zip into the air using wind magic.

He follows in an instant, cracking the ground and releasing a burst of static and white energy beneath his feet.

A shock wave of energy ripples through the town, and the remnants of demonic energy on my dagger that still rests on the sand below goes up in an eruption of sparks but leaves the solid black core of the blade perfectly intact.

Retrieving my weapon is the least of my worries right now.

The more important thing is getting high enough into the air and changing my direction erratically to lose the armored man on my tail.

Every fraction of a second that passes, I lose a few meters of ground. Every turn I make, he follows with incredible precision. The speed and accuracy of the Sector 2 leader's movements are on a whole different level than when he faced me in the town earlier.