Chapter 338

I finally open my eyes after a long rest and am greeted by Ember as I do.

"Good morning, you've gotten back into your habit of oversleeping lately."

The white clouds and crisp air of the dungeon's sky brushes past my face at a calm speed.

I stretch to rub my face, but the feeling of pins and needles all over my body makes my movements much more difficult.

Even so, it's not nearly as bad as before I knocked out. Letting out a light cough and feeling the soreness in my abs squeeze tight as I sit up, I reply to Ember.

"How long was I out...? don't tell me it was longer than a day."

The grumble of hunger from my stomach and dry mouth tell a different story.

There's a chuckle from Ember, but he replies in a half-serious tone moments after.

"Just over three days... That Red Hydra Buff is more dangerous than I thought. It may give you power, but if we're alone on the battlefield, you're going to have to use it only when absolutely necessary. These side effects aren't something you can afford to deal with on a whim. If I were to absorb one, I'd wait until my next rank up before even thinking about attempting it."

I nod, biting my bottom lip. Ember has a point. His statement makes me rethink asking him to absorb the last remaining Soulstone. If even he thinks it's too dangerous, I won't push him to do it either. Ember is naturally powerful enough without it. I'll have to save it for when he's ready and really needs it.

Considering this fact, there are two other main things that are less urgent but still lurk at the back of my mind. The first is my trip to Valor City is delayed. Although my hibernation was cut short, I did tell my teammates it'd take over a full week, so this detour actually evens things out.

The second thing is I won't get to show off to the bartender that I cleared every quest in a single night. Three days will have to do, it's probably far less suspicious this way too.

I smile at the thought, then another comes to mind.

"The loot!"

With my eyes wide open in anticipation, I reach into my item storage and pull out everything that dropped in the Demonic Rift.

Sitting on Ember's back while clouds still pass me on both sides, I carefully examine the three obsidian-textured purple stones first, and place the small black key and smooth ring beside them to check out last.

I use all of my perception skills, but not a single detail comes up. When activating my Demonic Energy manipulation skill, I feel an eerie pressure coming off each of them unlike anything the regular non-glowing black stones showed before.

Even so, I can't absorb any energy from them, or even get a hint at what these rocks can do.

Letting out a sigh, I open my link with Ember.

"Do you know anything about these gems? You mentioned each boss would drop them before... but I can't figure out what they do."

"Tier 2 Demonic Stones? What can you do with them? Ha! All sorts of things..."

My eyebrows raise as Ember goes on.

"That is... if you were a true Demonic Monster. I don't think you'll have the ability to fuse with these stones without giving up your ability to wield mana as your base power source. So, I don't recommend it."

My excitement leaves me as fast as it came, but Ember keeps explaining.

"However, I have heard of master craftsmen fusing stones like these into armor and weapons. Similar to your Firestones and The Flame Emperor's Sword. Certain Demonic items are capable of being upgraded too."