Chapter 315

In a brief moment of shock, my stealth skill is lifted, and I'm completely visible on the open top floor of the observatory, facing off against a black-armored knight with unique magic swirling around his body.

If I had more time to analyze and compare, I'd like to see if the energy coming out of the sonar has similar properties to the knight's armor. At a quick glance, they feel and look awfully similar.

However, I don't have the time to run tests.

The static rumbling voice that I heard only mumbles of before pierces through the open air to hit my ears at full blast.

"Who... are you?... Intruder..."

The heavy footsteps of the Sector 2 leader make deep indents and cracks in the floor as he walks closer. The swirling energy stays close to his armor at all times, not even a tiny wisp of it drifts away.

I don't take this moment to respond but reach down and throw a crate of mana crystals into my item storage. This opens a spatial magic portal right in front of my enemy, but revealing this one trait is the least of my worries. I turn around and air-step upward out of the observatory roof, grinning that my plan has worked out well.

I'm very excited to see what unique skills and items a stronger Sector leader has available to him. At the same time, I'm a bit nervous to face this oddball one-on-one. The power gap may be much bigger than I imagine.

A moment later a human-sized hole in the top of the observatory cracks open, blowing metal and stone in all directions as the energy-covered man follows me into the sky.

I open up my telepathy link as the morning sun hits both of us with its golden rays; giving all of my teammates a message.

"The coast is clear. Lydia and the Sector 4 leader are alone on the bottom floor in the center room. I'll keep the bigger threat busy."

The sensation of my teammates moving toward the opposite side of the building lets me know they received my message. I turn off my telepathy and activate all my buffs while taking out my fire sword and wind dagger to fight.

I want to take him out quickly, but I also need to stall him long enough for him not to get involved in the rescue mission going on behind us.

"Let's see what you're made of!"

With the golden red streaks of my buffs coming off my body and the black flames starting to dance on my blade, I air-step down toward the abandoned town at full speed. The armored giant behind me is gaining distance much faster than I thought, somehow accelerating faster and faster the closer to the ground we get.

Both of us make it all the way down the cliffside in a matter of seconds, and I duck behind a few of the village huts for cover, charging up my blades with enough mana for a proper strike.

The atmosphere is not mana-dense at all... I can get a few strikes off, but my plunderer skill can only take in as much energy as my surroundings have to offer. There are small traces of mana in the air, but not nearly enough to charge my blades up to full multiple times in the heat of battle.

This is the reason I grabbed a crate of crystals on my way out, it should be enough to keep me going as long as I use them conservatively.

While going over my possibilities, a loud crack sounds, making the flat sandy ground of the town shake, making me grip both my blades tighter. The static-filled voice of the man ripples through the air, making himself known.

"Who are you...? Association? Black Ops? Or a Private Mercenary?"

I grit my teeth and dart behind a different abandoned hut as the armored man comes closer. His grey and white twisting energy making the air crackle and let off high-frequency squeaks and static sounds.