Chapter 259

A level 495 Metal Warrior stands over 5 meters tall, made completely out of the shards that cover the dungeon's floor.

Its only active item is a bonded core, so my first assumption is that this monster is similar to the rock golems we faced not too long ago.

If that core is destroyed, it will most likely just re-form until the mana within it completely disperses.

As it runs closer, a white light starts to shine from its chest and I activate my All-Seeing Eye.

Sure enough, it's the core. My guess is spot on.

The growing light of Arie's bow begins to match the luminosity of the core covered in metal fragments that charges toward us.

I ready my blade but know my teammate is getting ready to take the shot, so I wait. Arie is powerful enough to take this monster on alone, I'm sure of it.

Once less than 10 meters away, the glimmering white arrow flies forward at the metal creature.

Surprisingly, there is no mana barrier at all around the Warrior's Frame. It only keeps a protective layer around its core. The creature uses scraps from the dungeon to re-form its body, so there's no need to conserve anything else.

The twanging sound that two magnets make when they collide rings in my ears as Arie's spirit arrow makes contact with the white glowing core of the charging beast.

It cracks open and expels an enormous amount of energy, sending scrap metal flying in all directions.

I grit my teeth and throw up a barrier of pink mana to block the debris.

The bonded core of the mutant golem we faced before was only defeated once its MP was completely expanded.

The readings I'm picking up after this first blast are impressive, it looks like that may happen soon.

The core of this Warrior is already carrying a 3rd less mana than it did moments ago.

Arie fires off a second shot without wavering for a second. The crisp arrow glides into the white ball of energy that skill comes charging our way at an alarming rate.

Metallic sounds echo through my eardrums again. Another wave of intense energy shakes the ground, shooting more shrapnel our way.

Fractions of a second later, the archer fires off a third and final shot.

This time around, the core completely explodes with it. The heat from the blast melts a large amount of the floating metal as it flies in the air.

Lydia and Fisher put up walls of ice and water. My shielding is already raised. I watch Arie start to glow light white, similar to his arrow's color, but surrounding his entire upper body.

He still turns his back to the blast. However, as the shards of metal come rocketing toward his never-heavy armor, they slow down and stop before hitting him directly.

The pieces of glimmering black ore fall to the ground and bounce off in other directions just like the mana barrier of a combat magic user.

The remains of the metal monster fall to our feet in a wave of debris, but they all sink back into the floor within seconds.

The Dunegon falls silent again, only allowing for the sound of our feet scraping on metal to be the sole sound filling our minds while powering down the shielding.

Fisher turns with his arms crossed.

"Three shots, not bad. Not bad at all!"

Lydia walks over next, nodding with a smile.