Chapter 300

Whoever this is, they're definitely the leader.

They have the [IC] branding all over their gear, along with that shielding artifact that every one of their lackeys had on.

With Demonic Energy, I'm sure I could take him out, but not questioning him and killing the man on the spot would do more harm than good. I'd have to use mana to subdue him properly, and his level and gear's stats are much higher than mine.

The idea of breaking through the ceiling and rushing down to fight this mob boss crosses my mind, but after the mental and physical fatigue from my defeat just hours ago, it does not seem like the best option. I may have dozens of skills at my disposal, but raw strength may win if we were to fight right now.

Plus, with the recent close call and lesson learned about fighting unknown enemies when more than just my own well-being is on the line, I decide to take this small victory of information and retreat. Before I slowly glide away from the white dome in silence, a stern man's deep voice rings out. With my enhanced senses, it's audible from two floors below.

I stop, hovering in mid-air to listen.

"Alright, you two, I'll be examining the sonar's data for the rest of the night. Clean up the cells downstairs, then give number 2 her reminder to meet here at sunrise with the captives and a written list of all the information they've gathered. After that, you're both free to do whatever you'd like tomorrow. I don't need your assistance."

There are a few replies from the grunts as I feel the presence of the strong man walking up the stairs to the main top floor.

Their voices are completely drowned out by the loud sound of the sonar device blasting off another energy wave.

I take this as my cue to see myself out, continuing my flight path upward and not looking back until the white dome is completely out of view.

There's no telling how long I could stay hidden with a monster of a man lurking below me. His mana control is most likely on par with, if not greater than, my main body. Not to mention the nearly 10x natural defense stat bonus he has with all the buffs.

If I have to get into a physical confrontation with him tomorrow, I'll need to spend tonight coming up with a plan to safely deal with the matter.

Plus, another sector leader is coming too. Preparing for the absolute worst is necessary. There are a lot of unknown factors at play here, and with the limited time allotted to me, I can't do this one all on my own.

If this craftsman requires my full attention, I may have to rely on my teammates for help.

While these thoughts race through my mind, I finally break through the cloud line above and whisper under my breath.

"Bottom line is, all of us are going to have to get a lot stronger."

I air-step all the way back to Solara, only touching down to the ground and turning off my stealth skill once I make it into the outer residential district on the northeastern edge of town. The sun is starting to set, but it's still fairly light out. There should still be over an hour left of golden rays.

Once I make it back to the familiar front porch of the two-story home, the only one waiting there is Chester. He's outside, peacefully admiring the city.

It makes sense; the others are still off training and guarding the black market's dead zone.

The old man raises his hand and waves as I approach.

"Welcome back so soon! You'll be happy to see the haul I pulled in for your loot today."

I raise an eyebrow, turning my stern expression from being deep in thought all the way here into a grin.