Chapter 237

I run down the canyon's stone path using wind magic to accelerate my movements. High white stone walls fly by on my sides and the reading on my enemy detection skill of my teammates nearby gets closer and closer.

Soon, I see the 3 of them waiting beneath a small stone overhang on a very flat section of rocky ground. Each of the holds two glowing crystals in their open palms.

I wave while making my way over, then take the 6 base level gems from my item box as well.

Arie is the first to speak as I glide to a halt.

"Anything interesting out there?"

I shake my head, handing each of them a shard, to make it even for all of us to have 3.

"One mutant, but it wasn't an issue. I have its shard saved in my storage... its a bit more powerful than the others.

Then I pause.

"Well, it may be an issue. If any of you want to be able to face one of those, I think you'll need to consume at least..."

I look up at the sky doing a few calculations.

"Well, you'll have to each consume at least 300 of these shards."

Arie nods, replying almost immediately without a shred of doubt.

"That's what I was thinking as well. If they're much more powerful than these base levels, I'd have to agree. 300 shards equals about 15 million MP. If I consume that much, my control will nearly double."

Abby speaks up.

"If I take in 15 million more MP, I'll be over 3 times as powerful the I am now..."

Maria chimes in last.

"Same! 3 times for me too."

I nod slowly, thinking to myself about my past training sessions in the Titans domain. On my last trial, I gained over 25 million MP, bringing my own controlled accumulated MP to around 50 million.

For me to add 15 million, it would be a nice boost... but not a 2-3x addition like my teammates. There must be a way to get more....

I speak up.

"Well, let's see how much we can handle. One shard at a time until we know for sure there's no side effects. Plus we have to see if Abby can actually use her skill indefinitely. There has to be a limit. Right...?"

We all nod in agreement, then look down at the glowing white gems in our hands, I turn to the archer.

"Well, I think it's our turn. How about it?"

He smirks, placing two gems in an item box and tossing the other in his mouth without hesitating for a second.

After a gulp, he responds while taking a step back.

"I was thinking exactly the same thing."

Maria and Abby jump backward as I laugh, throwing two of my gems into my item box and swallowing one whole while stepping away from all 3 of them as well.

"Now, let's see what these can really do."

A few seconds pass, then a warm feeling starts to form in my chest. A white glow grows in its place and begins to shine brighter and brighter. It's not nearly as erratic and violent as a strengthening fragment.

I was expecting much worse.

All of the mana from this tiny gem is filling my chest with smooth and controlled pure light. It begins to flow into my shoulder and down my arms like trickles of water. The slow drip of mana falls down my legs as well.