Chapter 352

The Red Ogre Tyrant's golden veil of energy starts to shift to red as its rank-up buff activates.

The dome that surrounds us, protecting the audience outside the fight ring, is now rippling and bending toward the monster on the far side of the arena.

I'm sure they fight monsters of this caliber very often, but none of the past monsters could have had a buff and skill combination like this... With the name Ogre Tyrant's Dominance, and the absorption of MP it's taking in from all directions, I can only assume this rank-up perk allows the monster to take superior control over all of the mana in the nearby atmosphere.

Along with its only combat skill being advanced mana manipulation, my confidence in the barrier overhead to keep our dangerous attacks contained is dwindling.

It runs forward at me with its spiked mace swinging in the air once again, this time around layered in a much thicker mana shielding, and I can tell its MP bar has raised far past full. The monster is wielding more energy than it did at the start of the match.

I can sense mana seeping out from the shielding above our heads, aiding its next attack.

Still, I grit my teeth and counter, activating the newly ranked-up legendary bloodlust skill in small bursts to increase my speed and magic power.

It burns through a lot of MP to use this buff now, but with the massive cloud of mana swirling around my opponent, the moment I get in close I can easily restore myself to full.

As we're about to clash, I sense my swordsmanship skill begin to activate, instinctually pointing me to swing in a different direction than I first planned to.

I hesitate, and the feeling goes away...

Our shielded weapons collided and we're both blasted backward to opposite sides of the arena. Even with my new buff activated, I wasn't able to overpower this tyrant. Each time we collide, our shielding is nearly equal in density and strength, but the weight and power of its weapon is intense. The precision at which it swings won't allow me to get a proper hit in, getting hit by that mace may mean the end for me.

However, If I can get past it and land a good hit on the Ogre, it would mean the end for this beast as well.

Once I stand up off the ground, my mind races over the odd sensation I felt before our attacks met. It was like a subconscious pull, leading me to use my blade in a much different way than a regular straight-on attack.

A roar echoes out through the ring again as the Ogre charges at me.

I run forward too, activating my bloodlust buff again, and hoping that feeling from my swordsmanship skill comes back.

At this rate, I need to switch things up. Just colliding over and over, stealing a few HP every attack won't cut it. The shielding in the arena may give out before I can finish this monster off.

As we're about to collide again, I feel the same pull, and decide to give in to it and let my instincts completely guide my blade.

I change directions in mid-air with an airstep, and a faint silver line that looks like a nearly invisible spider's thread shows up in my mind's eye, but projects itself into reality.

Almost like the system text has come to life, and is showing me a holographic path to follow with the tip of my blade.

It twists and curves, but I shut my mind off and follow. With every airstep and curving swing of my sword, I narrowly miss the fast-spinning mace that constantly soars toward me.

Even so, the end of the thread is in sight, and it ends right on the Ogre's neck. The closer the thread gets to my opponent, the more it changes color. At the tip of my sword it shimmers silver and glows almost white, but near the monster's vital point the thread is stained blood red.