Chapter 232

Activating stealth and gripping my sword, I run straight toward the light blue monster that's less than 200 meters away now.

My teammates have spread out on both sides of the circular sandy battlefield. High red stone walls surround the makeshift desert arena.

Fragments of golden sunlight glimmer off my fellow hunter's weapons as they charge forward. I watch the swaying monster before glowing blue and white with an ominous, slightly confusing aura. It stares straight ahead at the red rocky wall with its back facing me.

Each step closer I take, the cool and collected mana radiating off the beast invades my perception skill. At under 100 meters away, I can finally hear the ground shift under its feet as it moves back and forth.

Still, the monster hasn't noticed us at all.

Its shielding feels much different than anything I've faced before. Not strength wise though, that's not what perplexes me.

Usually, the shielding around monsters is thin and solid, like a skin-tight body suit fractions of a millimeter above their body's surface.

This monster's aura twists and swirls around, protruding multiple centimeters outwards on some portions of its body. Even so, there isn't a single area that I can detect a weakness.

The swirling energy makes for a much greater volume of shielding, but the amount of MP stored in it is incredibly high... Astronomically high actually. To put a rough estimate on it, over 50k MP is somehow swirling around this beast's body. This makes the density on par with the thinner shielding of other monsters I've faced at its equivalent level.

It is odd, but this is not the most important detail for me. I'm almost positive I can take its head off in a single blow, I'm more curious about how my teammates with fair against it. This will be a solid test monster what the trials ahead. I'll let each of them land a hit before I go in for the kill.

I watch the 3 of them veer in from my left and right side, beginning to glow with their respective skills.

We're less than 30 meters away now and the monster hasn't changed its movement patterns at all...

It really hasn't noticed us.

Arie's bow glows bright white while Maria and Abby glow blue and green with their weapons at the ready.

The archer is the first to release his shot.

A thin white spirit arrow glides towards the back side of the light blue Ogre's head timing the trajectory of the slowly swaying movements.

It... actually didn't notice....

The arrow pierces the outer layer of swirling mana shielding with ease. Then, everything changes.

On impact, the shielding beings to waver and ripple. I even see the white and blue edgy react with the sensation of a miniature splash. It pushes out a shock wave of light blue mana followed by an impressive explosion of light.

For the fraction of a second that we're blinded, I feel the odd wave of energy pass through me. Then hear a ferocious roar.

It doesn't hurt... but it's a very familiar sensation. One that I haven't felt in quite a while.

It feels like my All-See Eye. The wave of dense mana expands outwards in a dome shape, surrounding the entire arena for 50 meters in all directions with a light blue tint.

This monster is using some kind of mana-pulsing ability for a makeshift perception skill.

I grin through a clenched jaw and keep running forward, now charging my sword up and watching Maria and Abby both release their attacks.