Chapter 290

Three more Demonic Wolves slowly make their way toward me through the darkness. This time around I'm much more confident in my abilities and have a core full of Energy ready to coarse through my veins for a barrage of deadly attacks.

Once the first pair of red glowing eyes gets close enough, I let my attack fly without hesitating for a moment.

The thin blade of darkness cuts through the fog and ends in nearly the exact same fashion as its fallen foe before. The monster realizes it's being shot at and moves out of the way only to be critically injured before it's too late.

It whimpers as it's thrown backward and the two wolves behind it growl while speeding up toward me jumping past their injured ally.

I smirk, sending off another blade of energy at the next closest one to watch it swerve to my left and narrowly dodge a vital blow. It still skims its hide, but the wolf continues charging on with its remaining partner not too far behind.

Another attack flies out from my fingertips, but the monster lunges to the right to avoid most of my strike. It gets hit again, but its speed doesn't slow.

I clench my jaw and focus as the two remaining wolves start to approach the barrier between the Demonic Energy and the clear air of the outside world.

Using both hands, I let out a dual attack to make sure no matter which side it jumps to next the creature will be wounded. As predicted, the monster faces its final moments just a few meters from the slowly shifting black wall of matter.

The remaining wolf on the other hand seems to have different plans.

It jumps over its fallen ally and breaks through the wall of darkness with a growl and pulsing red eyes. I wasn't sure if it was even possible for them to come out from the Abyss, but it seems my question has been answered.

The wolf creature is no longer just an outline of fur, teeth, and glowing red eyes.

The monster looks like an alien being.

"This is no normal dungeon monster...."

Its thick fur gushes out Refined Demonic Energy with every step it takes. Not much, but enough to notice that trace amounts of the raw material in its body are being used and dissolved into the air like a life force.

It wasn't very clear when it was under a veil of black clouds, but out in the open it's clear that there is a black and dark purple aura constantly coming off of its body.

Saliva drips from its row of fangs and the beast follows a random zig-zag pattern kicking up sand as it runs closer. It watched me take down its friends and has already learned from their mistakes.

I react by releasing 2 more waves of thin energy toward the wolf, but its erratic movements and sand in the air allow it to only be grazed by one blade. Again, I release two more as it comes closer and closer only to hit its side making a deep gash but not slowing down the Demonic Wolf by any means

It jumps in the air with claws outreached and fangs ready to sink deep into my flesh. I release my final 2 waves of dark energy and they impale its body from close range. One through the heart and the other straight through the underside of its neck to pierce its skull.

I fall backward onto the hot sandy incline behind me and the Demonic Creature lands with a loud thud as well.

I let out a sigh, then chuckle to myself while standing to my feet.

If I was in my normal form not wielding Demonic Energy, these beasts would be a breeze. With their speed and reflexes taken into account, the wolves I just faced are hardly that of a level 100 mob.