Chapter 332

The silhouette of an enormous Minotaur draws closer on the horizon. Its skin and fur are jet black, and its horns glisten with their obsidian-like gloss, reflecting the crimson light from the demonic creature's eyes back at me.

My gaze is fixated on the glowing purple key around its neck. It's most likely linked to one of the conditions to unlocking whatever is behind this stone.

I lunge forward with my fists ready, and every step trailing energy behind me as I pick up speed. As we draw closer to each other, I finally manage to get a good reading on the monster's strength as well.

"55 units, looks like this one may not be that easy..."

Although it's nowhere near the goliath of a worm I ran from in the abyss a few days back, it's no mere wolf or raging bull.

This time around, I'm in their domain, without a weapon, and at a lower level as well.

Fighting a monster this size and power could actually be quite the challenge, but it's one I'm ready for.

The wind in my face picks up as we both accelerate, and once finally within range, I jump to my right side, narrowly avoiding its sword and hearing the roar of battle commence.

I don't bother attacking, nor do I try after it turns to run at me again.

For the first half a dozen exchanges, I'd like to gauge its speed and movement patterns. Just from the run over, I can tell our base speed stats are similar, and from the near miss of that sword swing, our agility seems to be nearly on par as well, though I have a slight edge.

I land a single punch to its hind leg after dodging, and it feels like I'm hitting a brick wall layered with meat. The muscles and flesh ripple, but the monster hardly moves or reacts.

The next exchange ends with a demonic energy slash leaving my right hand filled with double that of the bulls I fought earlier. 10 units of refined energy hit the Demonic Minotaur at point-blank range in the same place behind its left leg.

A deep gash opens up, but it doesn't even hit bone, and it's not nearly enough to slow its movements. This only angers it more.

While watching the beast turn around, getting ready for our next exchange, I channel my manipulation skill to absorb raw energy from the atmosphere above, but only manage a few units before I have to cut my concentration and dodge its next strike.

This happens three more times before I'm back up to my full stores, but the slash on the back of my opponent's leg seems to have closed up while I've taken the time to restore my energy. A scar is left behind but is quickly covered by a few wisps of purple and black energy and the previously injured flesh looks as good as new.

I smirk and run forward.

"Looks like you have some tricks of your own too..."

As time goes on, the grunts get louder, and the movements get sloppier. I manage to land 4 hits of 10 demonic energy strikes per full core, using up almost 10 units to power my movements while dodging and building up enough speed to place attacks.

Every time I take the time to restore all 50 units of my own raw energy from the atmosphere, the wounds on the beast somehow heal on their own.

However, every time it heals a wound, the energy in its body depletes further and further down. This is what gives me the spirit to continue my seemingly meaningless attacks. It may look like the battle is going nowhere from the outside view, but I know it's only a matter of time.

Two more full cycles of my 50-unit core get drained and used, and the Minotaur continues to get angrier and angrier, swinging its blade at me. The crimson eyes glow so bright with rage that the beast doesn't even realize its energy stores have nearly run to zero, and the slash marks stop healing.