Chapter 220

"Fine by me. Now get me out of this damn earth magic. I'll take the 4 of you to DryRock so I can get paid."

Abby nods at me, then turns to Issac as the stone around his neck starts to melt away, revealing his torso, then flowing off his legs back into the sandy earth.

The green-haired mage heals his leg, making it as good as new.

I get a weird sensation as she activates her healing magic. It tingles throughout my body even from over 5 meters away and buzzes with an extremely high-pitched tone. It's definitely much different in its upgraded form.

It is a legendary skill, after all, there must be something very special about it now.

I think for a moment, but shrug it off as my thoughts are interrupted by the excited cry of the fire wielder.

"Hohoo, It feels good to move again!"

He moves his arms and legs around while turning off his fire magic.

"You 4 really are Association uh- what do they call 'em again? The special squads that are chosen every year... I forgot the name. Those are you guys right?"

Maria proudly nods.

"Mmmhmph. That's us. The New Elites."

I flinch, as she just outed and confirmed exactly who we are... but the ice wielder crosses her arms and beams with delight as the fire user looks down at his fully restored leg in awe.

He's not paying much attention to Maria right now.

"I thought I'd be limping for weeks."

He lets out a chuckle, but it turns into more of a nervous laugh as all 4 of us walk forward to surround him.

I look the man in the eyes, then let out a sigh.

"Alright, let's keep this all business. I know we may have started off on the wrong foot, but there's no hard feelings from me. You get us into DryRock, we take out the breaks, you collect the bounties and we never speak of this again."

I nod.

"It's that simple. You don't want to be associated with us, and we don't want to be associated with you."

He looks up at me.

"Perfect, just how I like it."

We shake hands, then I turn to my teammates.

"Got it? I want to fight some monsters, get stronger, and find rare loot. That's it. There's no need for any unnecessary attention from locals in this next town. Let's keep our heads down and get the mission done."

I get a unanimous agreement, then turn to Danny, putting out my right hand.

"Pleasure doing business with you too. I hope your people can return to the village unharmed."

He smiles, shaking my hand.

"Most certainly. With this break gone, the water sources should come back within a few days. It- uhm, may have just been a mission for you, but I'm very grateful. Please, come back to visit anytime. Your secret is safe with me."

I give him a kind smile and the others bid him well as the scrawny hunter gets back on his camel with a cheerful skip in his step then rides away into the desert sun back to the village to share the good news.

I turn back to our group, now realizing there is a third camel tied to a portion of rock on the far side of the cave we just left. I point to it and turn to Issac.

"That your ride?"

He nods, slowly walking over to it as the 4 of us get on our two camels behind Arie.