Chapter 374

The reaction taking place looks exactly like what happened when I used my Red Hydra's Buff on its Soul Energy in my match against a Ghoul last night.

The crimson energy melted away the orange aura in an instant, letting my blade slice through the ghoul and defeat it without a problem.

Although it is happening at a much slower rate, I can see the Ghoul's soul energy disintegrating the Qi in my sword.

My concentration breaks, and I immediately air-step backward and up in the air to avoid the rest of the motion in the Ghoul's swing.

The remaining Qi, that wasn't sucked away, trickles back into my core.

I can sense less energy within me. It really overpowered me completely using a single attack...

I burst into a huge ball of flames to block out the wandering eyes of the audience as I reassess my opponent.

Using all my new buffs, I have the upper hand on it speed, power, and agility. On top of that, my Red Hydra's Buff can annihilate it in seconds just like Maria did a few rounds ago.

However, I need to figure out why my Qi attack was negated so easily.

"Is our power gap really that wide?"

I hit the ground again and start to zigzag over to the Ghoul as it runs at me, covered in an orange aura swinging its silver sword.

My breathing slows down as I channel more Qi into my blade and allow my swordsmanship skill to form the perfect attack. Meanwhile, all my buffs are enhancing my speed, power, and precision to dodge the monster's incoming blade and land a slash right into its torso.

A wide-open gash appears across its side, erupting into a huge ball of flames, but the look of dissatisfaction on my face as I skid to a halt on the other side of the ring tells the full story...

The moment my Qi-infused sword sinks into its orange aura, the same reaction takes place.

My mana-based attack hits its flesh, causing a fiery explosive result, but every drop of Qi in my blade melts away as it is engulfed by the monster's soul energy aura.

Just like our match before, the Ghoul quickly heals its torn-up flesh without a moment to waste and comes running at me again like nothing happened.

The sensation of my energy being ripped away twice now repeats over and over in my head.

I activate all my buffs and dodge its incoming strike, not countering, just thinking to myself while air-stepping to the far side of the ring.

Its buff must be really powerful... or maybe my Qi is just that weak...?

I took out a nearly level 600 Wyvern just minutes ago, so the latter can't be it. My Qi isn't weak.

Just like the Power from the Red Hydra is shared with me, it must be getting a lot of shared energy from a higher being; The Lich King.

Maybe there's a way to overpower it without activating my buff. Just like mana control, maybe Qi just needs to be used in much denser points with less surface area, or possibly just more volume of Qi overall.

"I won't know unless I try."

The Ghoul comes running at me for another attack, and I decide to take it on this time to test my new theories out.

First, after outmaneuvering the monster again, I try to push the wave of hot energy into a more finite point in my blade as I slice through the Ghoul's white flesh.

I focus on the feeling I used every time I would move up a skill level in training with Monk, especially when using Qi for fine movements in footwork. Using denser amounts in smaller surface areas gives a much more powerful effect.