Chapter 260

Shimmering fragments that make up the white Ranked-UP Metal Warrior's body reflect off each other as the ground beneath my feet gets sucked away.

A black void surrounds the entire Boss Room, and a dreadful monster's metallic screeches ring through my ears. I try to concentrate and look for a weakness.

I'm sure I can defeat it with brute force, but figuring out how a ranked up golem like this works may help me win further fights. It's best I study every new opponent like they're deadly to me.

Its body ripples like waves and its facial features shift constantly to keep shape.

Fisher is the first to jump into action. He throws an attack at the shimmering white titan.

A thin blue wave of energy clashes with the monster's white sword, then slices right through almost instantly to head at its torso.

The mana holding its fragmented body together is much weaker than that closer to the center.

With a long crash, the attack collides with all three cores at once.

At first, I was expecting this attack to instantly end our boss room battle. I even activated my All-Seeing Eye to watch how the mana blade would leave the Metal Warrior in shambles.

This Ranked-Up Boss seems a bit tougher than I initially gave it credit for.

The blue slash of water magic cracks the two white cores on both sides of its chest but stops instantly once it reaches the middle black orb.

My eyes widen while watching the swirling black aura completely absorb every drop of MP from Fisher's strike.

The water wielder lets out another attack just after with visible frustration, but swift practiced precision.

He mutters under his breath.

"No way! That was almost my full power!!"

The second crescent of light blue mana cracks through the white warrior's sword shattering its blade and full arm to pieces as it heads straight for the cores.

There's another flash of light and I witness the same result.

More damage to the two outer cores is visible, but the middle black core seems unaffected.

It absorbs the entire shot without a hint of resistance. The Boss keeps moving forward as its jagged mouth opens wide to let out a screech.

The two cracked bonded spheres in the creature's lower chest begin to glow brighter as they heal themselves completely with the absorbed mana from Fisher's strike.

There's another frustrated grunt from the blue-haired swordsman as he drinks an MP potion and starts to move away from Lydia and me to face the beast at closer range.

"I've got this, let me figure out how this monster operates. Then, one of you can step in if my mana control really isn't up to par."

Lydia crosses her arms, looking up at the monster then back to the swordsman.

"Two minutes. Then we step in for the kill. These golem types aren't easy to without rapid mana regeneration or a teammate."

He turns while charging up his blade.

"Got it, watch close. I'll have some fun with this Warrior. It's not every day I get to face a ranked-up Boss."

I power down my sword and let him fight his battle. The monster looks interesting, but we all know he'll be guarding the next dungeon.

If he wants to have some fun with this boss, it's all his. It may be the strongest opponent he'll get to face today.

Two take each other on. Blue slashes against a glowing black core in a sea of white metal shards.