Chapter 270

After our blades collide, we're both sent flying back as energy is expelled. A series of attacks follow at blindingly fast speeds.

Air-stepping through the sky, all that can be seen from a distance are flashes of red, black, and white light colliding as pulses of energy come out from the impossibly loud metallic clangs.

We both go into full battle mode. Each of us is solely focused on destroying the other completely at any moment of weakness.

Every time I gain a tiny bit of ground, the Arch Demon slips through on a side where I'm unprotected. The same goes for it. Each attack it throws leaves fractions of a second of leeway for me to Dungeon Walk in and block it. One slip-up with be the end for either of us.

The monster's senses are on par if not greater than mine.

It's able to manipulate its mana shielding faster than I can swing, while I'm able to blip away faster than it can attack.

The only way for either of us to land a hit is to get in close and risk getting hit ourselves. It's a perfectly even match-up.

Our battle styles are very similar too. Rigid and rational movements driven by hunger and greed for any room to strike.

The Arch Demon speaks up again as our endless clash of metal on metal continues.

"If you're unable to land a scratch on me, you have no hope of stopping the great collapse."

It grins, letting out a pulse of new red magic that covers its body.

Without teleporting, the monster moves over to me with blinding speed and eyes that seem to stare straight through my soul.

After just 20 seconds of numerous blocks, it seems like its activating a trump card and already going in for the kill.

The devious creature's silver sword comes down at me with nearly untraceable speed.

I block it with both my weapons at the last second but am pushed downward under the pressure of its attack.

It speaks again as I realize it activated its [Enrage] hidden ability. This is where this new power is coming from.

"A human has never challenged this labyrinth's top floor since it was created. I've had to travel to the nearby linked dungeons for my fun."

It grins while pushing me down toward the mountain below.

I'm clearly overpowered but can teleport away if I wish. However, it's spilling good information now that I'd rather not miss out on. I let the Arch Demon push my blades back as we fall through the sky.

It continues to speak through our link in a deep echoing voice.

"As my first and only challenger, I have to say your power is commendable. Unfortunately, a human can never truly surpass a demon in its element."

It pulses darker red, showing off even more power.

We fall past the two dragons as they clash. Fire and Ice explosions fill the sky lighting up the face of the Demon that angrily stares into my eyes.

A full second passes and I feel it activate another skill.

It pushes its sword forward with a powerful thrust, sending me down toward the base of the mountain and slicing into my side drawing blood. At this rate, It'll take less than 3 seconds to hit the center of the shallow area-like floor Ember and I flew over earlier.

I smirk, activating my self regeneration and life steal skills as we both fall.

The Demon continues as I watch two exact copies of itself emerge from the monster's back.