Chapter 264

I leave Lydia behind as she battles the jet-black suit of armor that spawned in moments ago.

It dives for her directly, ignoring me as I air-step away in the direction of the dungeon's far side.

Oddly enough, over the next half an hour there isn't a single monster that comes onto my radar. Not a single one even spawns a portal below to try and fight me.

I just fly through the sky in silence, letting the eerie silence of the grey-colored world aid in my building anticipation for the boss that's to come.

I continuously try to re-open the link from earlier, but the Arch Demon's presence is nowhere to be found.

I'm itching to try out my new increased power. Even with these unique Knight creatures appearing a single attack slices through them like butter.

This final challenge better be worth it.

Slowly letting the grin of excitement grow on my face, the final glowing portal of the Knight's Boss room comes into view.

I let out a satisfied chuckle while gliding down to the floor and stepping through without a second thought.

"Once I defeat this room, I'll be one step away from taking on that demon."

The white transfer magic takes me in and fades all the same as I activate all my battle skills in preparation for a fight.

Once my vision returns, It feels and looks like I've been transported back to the start point of the original dungeon.

There's no difference at all.

A grey floor and grey sky surround me, plus the absence of any Boss makes me even more confused.

With a step forward I grip my blade and take a deep breath.

All I have to do is wait. It'll come.

Pushing my perception skill to its limit and absorbing the MP in the air, all I hear is my own heart beating in my ears while my eyes scan the room over and over again.

Despite its similarities to the endless dungeon I just left, this place seems to have a barrier-like cutoff around 700 meters away from me. I couldn't tell at first, the walls just looked like the sky from the 25th Floor.

I'm standing in a massive grey cube.

Staring outwards, I feel a gust of wind hit the back of my neck. Instantly, I jump high up in the air while expanding a flat rectangular shield of pink mana behind me.

Explosions of white light and sparks follow as my shielding is melted. A wavering black crescent of energy tears through it with ease...

Under close examination, the blade that cuts my shielding isn't slicing through in a conventional manner at all.

It's destroying the mana itself as it collides with my shield. The two masses of opposite matter collide, completely destroying each other in a magnificent blast.

My gaze shifts from this display as I lock onto the menace that sent this shot.

_______________________

[Lv. 540]

Active Items:

[Armor Set of The Final Demonic Guard] +125% Defense

[Long Sword of The Final Demonic Guard] +122% Strength

[Amulet of The Final Demonic Guard] +119% Mental Strength

Active Skills:

Dungeon Walker

Swordsmanship

Combat Magic [Advanced Demonic Energy Manipulation]